mid to low budget hotel in isTANBUL

Suggestions, questions and reports on the best places to stay in Istanbul.

Moderator: sinan

rozy

mid to low budget hotel in isTANBUL

Post by rozy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Hi everyone: I am having a hard time finding a low budget hotel in Istanbul. Apricot hotel, which seems to be a god one, is 65 Euros, breakfast and 1 airport transfer included. Same applies for The Yunus hotel. This is still a bit high for our budget. We're planning to stay in Istanbul approx. 5 days. Traveling with my husband.

Please advise if you have experience with other cheap hotels in a lower rate. I am looking for a clean, decent hotel to sleep/rest. We'll be spending most of the day touring.

Comments/suggestions are all welcome!

Look forward to read a few replies to this post!

Thanks,

Rozy

Much2CnDeu
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Much2CnDeu » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:05 am

Hi Rozy,

You might try pensiones. Several offer rooms with a breakfast for a very reasonable price. Istanbul accommodations aren't cheap.

There are several low cost hotels in Istanbul, as well. But remember - that could mean thinner walls, no breakfast, and a spectrum of neighborhoods. Like everything, it's trade off. Take a look and see if any of these work for you.

Sebnem Hotel
Hotel Niles
Ipek Palas Hotel
Bergama Hotel
Side Hotel
Saydam Hotel

Good luck and have a great trip!

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 pm

We stayed at the Atlantis Hotel in Sultanahmet. Two star, old fashioned but clean, good breakfast, lovely helpful staff. Smallest shower room we have ever encountered (apart from a caravan we owned in the 1970's!!) but really central position. Last October we paid 40 Euros pdbb for 2.
MPD

lorien_i

Post by lorien_i » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 am

After much net-searching, we booked three nights at the Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse for $40E/night including breakfast & all taxes for a double room. An airport transfer is $20E. This is for October 12-14.

Keep in mind we haven't been yet so we can't comment on the state of the room but they came well reviewed.

The website is: nayla@superonline.com.

Betsy

budget hotel in Istanbul

Post by Betsy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:03 am

Apricot Hotel has multiple properties, so you might consider emailing them and asking what they have in your price range.

The quality and friendliness of Apricot are wonderful.

Betsy

Much2CnDeu

Re: budget hotel in Istanbul

Post by Much2CnDeu » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 am

Betsy wrote:Apricot Hotel has multiple properties, so you might consider emailing them and asking what they have in your price range.

Betsy
The Apricot Hotel is great! I've stayed there several times. I know money is tight. But if the room rate is within your budget, you gotta stay here.

At the Apricot, you'll see what real Turkish hospitality is. The hotel is located on a quiet street yet within two blocks of the major sights in Sultanahmet. The staff are amazing, top to bottom! The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is reputed to be the best in Istanbul and you'll see why your first morning! And while enjoying breakfast, you'll have a fabulous view of the Bosphorus.

Istanbul doesn't offer a lot in the way of budget accommodations. Spend a few extra dollars if you can. You'll be glad you did!

Jeanne

Post by Jeanne » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:27 am

Hello,
the Nayla Palace Pansion and the Side Hotel & Pension should be the best according to the LP. If you are looking real low budget try one of these. Avoid staying in Laleli district.
Good luck!

tammytravels

Nayla Palace

Post by tammytravels » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:12 pm

I am also looking for budget and emailed Nayla Palace several days ago for rates and availability, and still no reply.
I¨v contacted numerous hotels, and only one has responded (even ones I know have vacancies). Why have a website if you´re not going to use it? Two of the hotels are here on TTP (and I mentioned the site) and still never received a reply.
Life isn´t fair, that´s why bras come in different sizes

rozy

Re: budget hotel in Istanbul

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:53 pm

Betsy wrote:Apricot Hotel has multiple properties, so you might consider emailing them and asking what they have in your price range.

Betsy
Thanks betsy: I'll try to inquire about the different properties and see if they can offer a low budget room

Rozy

rozy

Re: Nayla Palace

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:58 pm

tammytravels wrote:I am also looking for budget and emailed Nayla Palace several days ago for rates and availability, and still no reply.
I¨v contacted numerous hotels, and only one has responded (even ones I know have vacancies). Why have a website if you´re not going to use it? Two of the hotels are here on TTP (and I mentioned the site) and still never received a reply.
Hi there: Please provide names of the two hotel and websites of the two hotels you are referring to which are on the TTP.

thanks,

rozy