mid to low budget hotel in isTANBUL

Suggestions, questions and reports on the best places to stay in Istanbul.

Moderator: sinan

tabch2001
How many stars? **: 0

Transfer from airport to hotel

Post by tabch2001 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:04 am

Just also wanted to inform you that the taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is about 30 lire to Sultanahmet. so if you are paying 20 euro per head then its cheaper taking a taxi.
Mahtab

rozy

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:30 am

lorien_i wrote:No problem! Please let me know how the rooms are, as we're not there until October :-)

Have fun!
Hello: We'll be back after you leave for Turkey. It is my understanding you'll leave the 14 of October or so. We'll be back the 20th of October!

Happy travel,

Rozy

rozy

Re: star holiday hotel

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:36 am

tabch2001 wrote:we have just returned from turkey and had the most amazing holiday. In the Sultanahmet area there are many good and inexpensive hotels. we stayed at hotel alaturka which was for 60 euros per night with breakfast( do not book on the internet go there and they will lower their prices) .But had friends staying at star hotel for 40 euros with a good big breakfast. This is on Akbiyik caddesi street near the Topacapi seray area in Sultanahmet . The whole street is lined with small affordable hotels as well as pensions which ae much cheaper.
Hi Mathab: Thanks for your message. I took note of the Star Hotel. I'll take a look while in there. You'll never know. I'm sure that I'd enjoy a big good breakfast. That's for sure.

By the way I understand the the fare from the airport to the Hotel is 40E and not for head. Otherwise it will be 80E for two people and it certainly would be very expensive.

Thanks,

Rozy

suem73

Re: nayla palas pansion

Post by suem73 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Looking for some feedback on Nayla. There's a poor post on TripAdvisor, but you could almost tell from the comment that the person had no business booking less than 4 star. Thanks so much! Sue
rozy wrote:
lorien_i wrote:After much net-searching, we booked three nights at the Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse for $40E/night including breakfast & all taxes for a double room. An airport transfer is $20E. This is for October 12-14.

Keep in mind we haven't been yet so we can't comment on the state of the room but they came well reviewed.

The website is: [email protected].
Hi Lorien I just sent an e-mail to Nayle Palace Hotel and I got it back as a "failure notification".

Do you have the proper website or e-mail address and phone number please,

Thanks

Rozy

lorien_i
How many stars? **: 0

Re: mid to low budget hotel in isTANBUL

Post by lorien_i » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:50 am

I'd love to provide some feedback on the Nayla Pension, but they had already rented our (reserved months in advance) room when we showed up at 6pm. We were offered a room in the basement for the same price, which we declined.

I can, however, unreservedly recommend the 'Med Cezir' which we found friendly, clean, ideally situated AND budget friendly.