mid to low budget hotel in isTANBUL

Suggestions, questions and reports on the best places to stay in Istanbul.

Moderator: sinan

rozy

Re: budget hotel in Istanbul

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:05 pm

Much2CnDeu wrote:
Betsy wrote:Apricot Hotel has multiple properties, so you might consider emailing them and asking what they have in your price range.

The quality and friendliness of Apricot are wonderful.

Betsy
The Apricot Hotel is great! I've stayed there several times. I know money is tight. But if the room rate is within your budget, you gotta stay here.

At the Apricot, you'll see what real Turkish hospitality is. The hotel is located on a quiet street yet within two blocks of the major sights in Sultanahmet. The staff are amazing, top to bottom! The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast is reputed to be the best in Istanbul and you'll see why your first morning! And while enjoying breakfast, you'll have a fabulous view of the Bosphorus.

Istanbul doesn't offer a lot in the way of budget accommodations. Spend a few extra dollars if you can. You'll be glad you did!
hi much2cndeu:

Thanks for your reply. I really like the Apricot since I've read several reviews and good experiences from people that have stayed in this hotel.

Could you name the property where you have been and approx. rate. My time is running short since we are planning to travel on the 21st of this month. Also it is worth to mention that the Apricot does not reply to e-mails and to call them is not as easy. Looking forward to hear from you

kind regards,

Rozy

rozy

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:10 pm

lorien_i wrote:After much net-searching, we booked three nights at the Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse for $40E/night including breakfast & all taxes for a double room. An airport transfer is $20E. This is for October 12-14.

Keep in mind we haven't been yet so we can't comment on the state of the room but they came well reviewed.

The website is: nayla@superonline.com.
Hi Lorien: Thanks for your reply. Do you have the website for the Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse.

Q: Do you know if I can take canadian money instead of US dollars? I'm also planning to get turkish liras b/4 I leave for my trip.

rozy

Post by rozy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:20 pm

lorien_i wrote:After much net-searching, we booked three nights at the Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse for $40E/night including breakfast & all taxes for a double room. An airport transfer is $20E. This is for October 12-14.

Keep in mind we haven't been yet so we can't comment on the state of the room but they came well reviewed.

Hi Lorien I just sent an e-mail to Nayle Palace Hotel and I got it back as a "failure notification".

Do you have the proper website or e-mail address and phone number please,

Thanks

Rozy

tammytravels

Hello Rozy

Post by tammytravels » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Sorry I didn´t see your request before this.
The hotels that didn´t repond to my emails were: Nayla Palas Pension (TT) , Cosmopolitan Park Hotel(TT), hotel peninsula, gulsultan hotel, bonjour guest house, sultans Inn, Antique Hostel (3, TT), Antique Guest House (2, TT)(actually, this makes 5 to them).
I did receive a response from Hanedan after about 48 hrs with no vacancies and one from Hotel Niles (TT) with only part of my days avail.
This is what I can remember at the moment, and since I leave tomorrow, no time to look at all my emails. I know there were more but.....

I would like to say I finally received a reservation at Hotel Yunus Emre. They answered my first email within an hour, and communicated with me several times ALWAYS in an extremely timely manner. I´m going to post a message by itself, since they certainly deserve recognition considering the non responses of others.

So, Turkey, HERE I COME!!. won´t be back online for a while.
Thanks to all for your help and encouragement.
Life isn´t fair, that´s why bras come in different sizes

The Andos

Sultan's Inn

Post by The Andos » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:32 pm

Try http://www.sultansinn.com - it is close to the sights but on the south edge of Sultanahmet, so relatively quiet. A double was 75 euros, although on the small side. But clean, well positioned and roof garden. :D

lorien_i
How many stars? **: 0

Post by lorien_i » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 am

Hi there,

The website for Nayla Palace is http://www.geocities.com/nayla_hotel/ but it's not all that informative.

I emailed them at "Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse" <nayla@superonline.com> successfully as recently as August 15. They got back to me right away -- within six hours of my original email.

I've been in contact with Bedri Azman who seems nice enough. They reserved our rooms over Seker Bayrami without a deposit, and added an extra day to the reservation without any troubles. Hopefully the room is nice!

rozy

Post by rozy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:28 pm

lorien_i wrote:Hi there,

The website for Nayla Palace is http://www.geocities.com/nayla_hotel/ but it's not all that informative.

I emailed them at "Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse" <nayla@superonline.com> successfully as recently as August 15. They got back to me right away -- within six hours of my original email.

I've been in contact with Bedri Azman who seems nice enough. They reserved our rooms over Seker Bayrami without a deposit, and added an extra day to the reservation without any troubles. Hopefully the room is nice!

Hi Lorien: Thanks again for your kind reply.

Rozy

rozy

Post by rozy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Hello Lorien: This is Rozy. Thanks for your e-mail. I really appreciate your reply. You've been a great help! I'd like to tell you that I've made a reservation with the Nayla Palace Hotel & Guesthouse for sept. 22nd. Same price as yours. It includes breakfast. I'll have to pay 20E for a pick up from the Airport. That's ok with us. At least we do not have to negociate with them upon our arrival.

Thanks again. Take care,

Rozy

lorien_i

Post by lorien_i » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:48 am

No problem! Please let me know how the rooms are, as we're not there until October :-)

Have fun!

tabch2001

star holiday hotel

Post by tabch2001 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:56 am

we have just returned from turkey and had the most amazing holiday. In the Sultanahmet area there are many good and inexpensive hotels. we stayed at hotel alaturka which was for 60 euros per night with breakfast( do not book on the internet go there and they will lower their prices) .But had friends staying at star hotel for 40 euros with a good big breakfast. This is on Akbiyik caddesi street near the Topacapi seray area in Sultanahmet . The whole street is lined with small affordable hotels as well as pensions which ae much cheaper.
Mahtab