Hotels Near Yeditepe University

Suggestions, questions and reports on the best places to stay in Istanbul.

Moderator: sinan

Tavsan
How many stars? **: 0

Hotels Near Yeditepe University

Post by Tavsan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:07 pm

Can anybody recommend a nice reasonably priced hotel near Yeditepe University? Also, do you know anything about that part of Istanbul in terms of the neighborhood around Yeditepe (i.e., convenient food shopping, restaurants, etc.)?

I know the University has a hotel but what if somebody wanted to stay in the neighborhood? Even a small hotel would suffice so long as it was reasonably priced.

Tavsan

yellapage

Re: Hotels Near Yeditepe University

Post by yellapage » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Can anyone answer this? as I am having the same issue.

Thanks
Rich

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

Post by davcamp » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Hello,
I am somewhat familiar with the area. Choices are to find a hotel in Kadikoy (same district the University is in) and cab it from sea coast to the college. There is 'no traffic' in these areas compared to EURO side so a ride from Kadikoy central s/b about 15 min at around 10YTL.

You may also take a minibus from Kadikoy ferry area down Bagdat Street to the general area of Univ. and hop a 5 minute cab. On Bagdat ST you'll find a plethura of shops and handsome eateries that are cheaper in price to Euro Side.

One more choice (my choice) - stay in Taksim or Besiktas area Euro side, take a 5 min cab to Besiktas ferry and take the 15 min ferry to Kadikoy. From there cab it. Trip will be about an hour if you don't mind.

davcamp
http://web.me.com/dav_camp/Istanbul_Tra ... Guide.html

peterlo

Post by peterlo » Sun May 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks davcamp, I'm planning to go in the summer, yay.