Erboy hotel

Suggestions, questions and reports on the best places to stay in Istanbul.

Moderator: sinan

travelbug

Re: Erboy hotel

Post by travelbug » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi - just returned from a wonderful three week vacation in Turkey and wanted to share my thoughts on the Erboy in Istanbul as I promised. We stayed there 3 nights and found it quite conveniently located, close to the major sites in the Sultanamet District and right on the tram line. We were picked up at the airport as promised, despite our plane arriving late (we emailed the hotel en-route and someone met us upon our arrival). To our surprise, a very tasty full course dinner was included in the price of our stay, although it was only for the first night. The rooftop restaurant has a beautiful view of the city, although we were told we could not eat there with our dinner voucher. Despite that, the downstairs restaurant at the street level was also nice. The hotel has free internet facilities in the lobby. The staff was helpful and pleasant and the breakfasts were very good. The rooms were small and lacked charm, although the air conditioning worked fine and the beds were comfortable, but nothing plush. My biggest complaint was the pillow, which was too hard for me. If you are looking for a convenient hotel at a good price without great luxuries, this hotel was a good deal.