Park Hotel Istanbul

Suggestions, questions and reports on the best places to stay in Istanbul.

Moderator: sinan

mansoornasir

Park Hotel Istanbul

Post by mansoornasir » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Hello Everyone,

Does any one know about Park hotel in Istanbul? The guy at Terrace guesthouse told me that his father runs this place. (TTP says that Cosmopolitan Park hotel is run by his brother). Thanks

Here is the website: http://www.parkhotelistanbul.com/information.htm

Mansoor

mansoornasir

Re: Park Hotel Istanbul

Post by mansoornasir » Mon May 12, 2008 5:37 am

I thought that since there might be other people interested in knowing about this hotel I'd post something. I got back about a week ago and we stayed at Park hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is owned by Dogun's (Terrace guesthouse owner's) father.

Pros:
We got a triple size room (#16) for $120 which is a good deal considering that I payed the same for another 2 nights at Terrace guesthouse. (Although they wanted me to pay in cash and were going to take a little more for VAT and taxes if I used my credit card). The location is directly opposite side of the street where Four seasons is. Its about a 3 minute walk from Aya Sofia and Blue mosque and all the eateries on Divan Yolu. The room was large and clean and about twice the size of the room at Terrace. There is internet and tea in the lobby.

Cons:
The breakfast is in the basement as there is no 'terrace'. The walls are paper thin as is the case with many boutique hotels in Sultanahmet area. There is a bar around the corner which played loud music on the weekend. For any one traveling with family it could be a nuisance but then again we were usually so beat by the end of the day that it didn't bother us.

Overall I was very happy with the hotel. I would highly recommend it for the price and location. Happy traveling