Minyon Hotel or Alp Pasa????

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

ANNEK

Minyon Hotel or Alp Pasa????

Post by ANNEK » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:59 pm

Hello everyone !

While in Antalya we are thinking about staying at one of these 2 hotels the Minyon or the Alp Pasa... I also read a little about the Hillside Su hotel .. Has anyone ever stayed at any of these hotels? We would like to stay close to Konyaalti beach area of Kaleici - any other ideas of good hotels would be great....

I am also looking for a hotel in Istanbul... We are looking for a 5 star hotel and I don't want to stay at the Four Seasons (the thought of it being a old prison send shivers up my spine) and I also don't want to stay in Taksim... Any other ideas for a good - historic - boutique style hotel for 1 day in Istanbul preferably in the Sultan Ahmet area...

Cheers !
AnneK
58 more days and counting! :P

carrie
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Post by carrie » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:51 pm

Dear ANNEK,

All are good hotels but if you are wanting to be on the beach side I would go for the Hillside Su.

You could also look at Sea Life Hotel and Porto Bello also on the Konyaalti beach front. There are actually loads of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels on the beach and you can use public transportation to the city center.

I also notice in a past post that you are Canadian. Me too!!! I'm also from Calgary. Enjoy visting your in-laws. I am also married to a turk.
enjoy 8)

ANNEK

Post by ANNEK » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:28 am

Hi thanks for the the other hotel options..
We have just booked out hotel today at the Sheraton... From what I have seen it looks amazing, even though it is a little dated and from what i have read it was the first LARGE hotel in the area.. I think it will be a good spot to be, and it seems to have a playground and a kids pool which is perfect..Besides I am a travel agent and of course will see if I can get a room upgrade when I get there! - I think that it will still be a great little vacation away from the inlaws:)

Where abouts in Calgary are you from?
I lived in McEwan Glen and then we moved to the Glenmorgan area and went to Manning... How about you ?

Cheers
AnneK

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:01 am

Dear ANNEK,

Enjoy your stay in Antalya. When do you plan to travel to Antalya and for how long???

I grew up in the Kingsland area and went to Henry WiseWood. Small world eh??

ANNEK

Post by ANNEK » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:21 am

We will be in Antalya for 3 days - during the week of May 19th..
Last edited by ANNEK on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:53 pm

I graduated in 84. Now showing my age :oops: The name rings a bell but not that I can remember. If you you like to contact me here is my hotmail address. [email protected] or visit my web-site.