Ask for hotels close to Antalya Bus Station

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

lonsteet

Ask for hotels close to Antalya Bus Station

Post by lonsteet » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:25 pm

I will have a short stay in Antalya. Could someone tell me the names and booking websites for cheap hotels or pensions close to Antalya Bus Station?
Thanks.

carrie
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Post by carrie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:21 pm

The Antalya Bus Station is located close to the Akdeniz University and I am not aware of any hotels or pansiyons located close. Most pansiyons are located in the city center or Kaleici or on the Konyaalti beach or Lara beach. Either way you will have to take public transportation. Possibly the Konyaatli beach side would be the closest. Good luck

MW
How many stars? **: 0

Post by MW » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:33 pm

How short is short? No matter how short your stay, if you plan on doing anything touristy in Antalya, you have to go in near Kaleiçi anyway. Only if you are planning to stay literally overnight would you want to stay out near the otogar. And even then…

If I were you, I'd stay in Kaleiçi. Buses will go more or less directly between the Otogar and Kaleiçi, which is stacked with all types of accommodation. The journey doesn't take that long. Also, if you’re travelling with a good intercity carrier you could probably arrange to get a servis from your carrier to pick you up from a bus ticket office or something like that within walking distance of Kaleiçi.