Hotel Canada inquiry

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

flitcraft

Hotel Canada inquiry

Post by flitcraft » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:42 am

I am leaving on Tuesday for a three week trip to Turkey. My husband and I have planned our itinerary generally, but we aren't exactly sure when we'll arrive on the coast near Cirali--it could be May 5 or 6th. We'd really like to stay at the Hotel Canada for a night, but can't make a for-sure booking. Is it likely that there will be room if we don't book?

Hoping that Carrie sees this...

Janet Ainsworth and Michael Reed

carrie
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Post by carrie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:55 am

Dear Janet Ainsworth and Michael Reed,

Yes, there will be a room. Don't worry :D How will you travel to Cirali by private car?? or by bus?? If you need directions please let me know. Or you can contact me by email at the hotel Thanks Carrie 8)
Last edited by carrie on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flitcraft

Post by flitcraft » Fri May 26, 2006 7:59 pm

We did stay at the Canada Hotel for two days during our recent trip to Turkey and I highly recommend it. Although I didn't get the chance to meet Carrie,her husband Saban was a most gracious and helpful host. The setting is charmingly rustic--the way the coast must have been thirty or forty years ago before the tourism boom. Cirali is tucked into the mountains along the coast--the nearby beach is an idyllic retreat with the bonus of some Byzantine and Venetian coastal ruins to boot. Good home-style Turkish food, peaceful gardens to relax in--we are so happy to have stayed there!

carrie
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Post by carrie » Fri May 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Dear Janet,

Thank you ever so much for your kind words, and yes I am sorry that I was unable to meet up with you both. My children keep me busy for now here in Antalya with school and swimming practice. But not too much longer now and I will be at the hotel full time. I will be at the hotel from June 19-Sept 10 or until school starts back up again in the fall.

PS: I am a proud Mom beacuse my daughter's ranking on the Antalya swim team and in all of Turkey is very high. We were in Marmaris last weekend and in the 100m freestyle she placed 4th fo her age group.

Once again all my best and hope to meet up with you both in the future!!
Carrie