hotel canada

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

charley48

hotel canada

Post by charley48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:22 pm

we stopped by to meet carrie at the hotel canada(my internet date...met her on TA and she told us if in the area, to stop by) on our drive up the turkish coast. the only thing i can say is, that i wished we would have know about the hotel and area before we left home. we would have stayed there for days. They are the most gracious couple, with the most serene setting. All our questions were answered, stories told about the area, new ruins to see...the hotel is in a garden setting,with lots of fruit trees and flowering plants, rooms are spotless and oh, darn, i hope to return for days to spend there.

BarbaraJK
How many stars? **: 0

Post by BarbaraJK » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:12 am

Hotel Canada sounds great. What area is it in?
We are looking for a hotel somewhere between Fethiye and Marmaris
in March. This one sounds good. Does anyone else recommend a
small inn/hotel in this area?

Thanks.
BarbaraJK
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

charley48

Post by charley48 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Again, this is the small inn that you are looking for. It has many sites to offer right there. Olympos, and the Chimnera. They have bikes for you to use for free and explore the area. We are sending our friends that are going to Turkey there, as we had had our trip planned before seeing this wonderful place. Next time we are there!!! enjoy :lol:

charley48

Post by charley48 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:27 pm

opps, sorry, you wanted to know where the area is...it is just north of Antayla

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:38 pm

Thanks Charley and Barbara for your nice comments,

This is Carrie here,

First of all Canada Hotel is located 80kms southwest of Antalya on the Antalya-Kas highway. So sorry Barbara it is not in the area that you are looking for. That's too bad as I always love when I can get a chance to meet the members of this fourm. If you get out my way pop round for a coffee or tea. Or like in charley's case something a bit stronger like a beer.

Charley had a bit too much and forget in which direction you drove from ??? :lol: just kidding of course !!! :D

Best regards to all from a sunny Antalya 8)

Carrie 8)

BarbaraJK

Antalya Area

Post by BarbaraJK » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 am

Hi Carrie, Thanks so much the information. Is Hotel Canada close to
Kas? We don't know the driving times between towns and having a bit
of a hard time judging how much time to allow in each place. We plan
to stay in Bodrum 3 nights and then have approx. 6 nights left. What
would you recommend as an itinerary? I don't have our return tickets
yet and we could fly out of Dalaman or Antalya (if there is time).
How far of a drive is it between Dalaman and Antalya? What would
you recommend as a must see a long the coast? Lycian Tombs, underwater
city, etc.

Thanks so much for your help, it makes planning a lot easier!

Barbara
:)
BarbaraJK
Canada

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:47 am

I again Barbara,

Actually one could consider Cirali fairly close to Kas as it is only about a 2 hour's drive north towards Antalya. Here is a couple of links to maps of Turkey and the Antalya region.

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/Maps ... icMap.html

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/Maps ... egion.html

As for driving distances along the coast;

Dalaman to Kas 3 hours
Kas to Cirali 2 hours
Cirali to Antalya 1.5 hours

This a rough estimate of course depending on how many stops you do or the average driving speed along the Antalya coastline.

Here are some more helpful links;
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/m ... index.html
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/m ... index.html

There are so many places to visit along the Fethiye - Antalya coastline. Maybe you could think about after Bodrum drive to Fethiye - stay in Kaya Koyu for 1 or 2 nights at the Villa Rhapsody and visit the locals sights in the area.

Then from there drive to Kas visiting the sights along the way. Maybe stay in Kas for a night to break up the drive and visit the sunken city of Kekova. From there drive towards Cirali visiting on your way the toumb of Myra and the church of St. Nicholas.

There is lots more to do in the area but I think by the sounds of it your time is limited.

But it is very possible to drive directly from Fethiye to cirali and maybe stop in Kas for lunch. It just depends on what youare looking for.

I hope that I have helped

Carrie 8)

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:37 pm

From the sound of previous replies to this strand, I would think that Carrie's recommendation of Villa Rhapsody would suit. Look them up on their website, I would certainly stay there if it wasn't so close to our house. Carrie is an expert on the local sights and I would certainly agree with her suggested itinerary. Your problem is lack of time and you wont be able to see everything!! Kekova is brilliant and not to be missed, Patara for both unspoilt ruins and wonderful beach, but there are so many............ That's why we decided to buy a house in the region, so we could sightsee at our leisure and soak up local atmosphere, but that is our good luck and your misfortune!! I'm sure you will want to return!!. Mind you, you live in a pretty wonderful part of the world.
MPD

BarbaraJK

Change of Plan

Post by BarbaraJK » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:10 am

Thank you Carrie and Margaret for your replys. After doing more research I think we have finally come up with a workable itinerary. We are going
to spend 3 days in Selcuk, (Ephesus, Sirince), then drive to Denizli to see
Pamukkale, the hot springs and ruins, then drive from Denizli area to the
coast and stay in Fethiye for 3 nights to see the many sights in the area.
Then drive to Kas for the night (is that a good choice for a nights stop) or?
and then see the sights on the way to Antalya for a 4 nights stay.

Turkey experts how does that sound? We like quaint hotel inns, is Kas
a good choice? Or something around there. I think the drive from Fethiye
to Kas is about 3 hours, is that correct? Then Kas to Antalya 3 1/2 hours.
What towns between Fethiye and Antalya are the must sees?
Or maybe we should spend another night along the coast and make
Antalya 3 nights?

Your advice is most appreciated!

Thanks again!
BarbaraJK
Canada

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Barbara,

It's me again. Well so far your plans sound good. But I think you really only need 2 or 3 days in Antalya. You can spend a half day at Termessos and then another half day to Aspendos and Perge. go in the mornings and then spend the afternoon around the old city and the Antalya museum.

As for Kas it is up to you. If you want to drive liesurely then stop in Kas for the night. Will you go to Cirali on your way from Kas towards Antalya?I would think that Cirali would be a must see especially at night to visit the flames of the Chimaera. Why not consider at least 1 or 2 nights in Cirali ??

Carrie