Hotel Recommendations??

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

BarbaraJK
How many stars? **: 0

Hotel Recommendations??

Post by BarbaraJK » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:15 am

Does anyone know of a quaint small inn near Fethiye
for a few days in March. A lot of hotels are closed for
the winter. I have heard of Hotel Bella in Selcuk ad
Su Hotel in Bodrum, are there any other special ones??

Looking forward to hearing from you.

:) 8)
BarbaraJK
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 am

Hi Barbara,

Most certainly the one that comes to my mind is the Villa Rhapsody located in the lovely area of Kaya Koyu. It is about 20 mins outside of Fethiye. İt is centrally located with easy aces to either Olu Deniz or Fethiye. Plus Jeanne ( who is a member of this forum ) is very helpful to answer all your questions about things to do in the area.

You can find a great review of this hotel written by east med wanderer at this link viewtopic.php?t=3248

Nice to see you back on the forums and wonderful to always see more and more Canadians travelling to Turkey.

best regards,
Carrie 8)

MW

Post by MW » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:04 am

What a helpful post and recommendation - thanks for linking to it Carrie, I'm writing down the details for me next trip.

BarbaraJK

Hotel Rhapsody

Post by BarbaraJK » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:18 am

Thank you for your recommendation, I have contacted them and look
forward to a reply soon. Many hotels are not open at this time ... do
you think March is a good time to visit the area or are many things closed?
(Bodrum to Kas)

Barbara
:)
BarbaraJK
Canada

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:58 am

Hi Barbara and MW,

You are welcome for the recommedation. Villa Rhapsody should for sure be opened in March but I am in contact with Jeanne from time to time as well meet on the forums and she is right now travelling to Holland so if you do not hear back right away do not be alarmed. She will get back to you.

March is and can be a nice time to travel along the med. coast but of course sometimes the weather can be un-predictable. So be prepared for a chance of rain. You should have sunny days with cool nights.

Many places will probably just be opening up for the season as it really starts in April. But I would think more than half of the places should be opened and you should not experience any problems.

Have a wonderful trip !!!

Carrie 8)

BarbaraJK

Plan B

Post by BarbaraJK » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:29 am

Hi Carrie, we are rethinking our itinerary. Originally we had planned to arrive in Izmir and drive to Bodrum and depart out of Dalaman.
Now we are debating two options. Start off in Denizli to see Pamukkale area and drive to Fethiye area and then along the coast and fly out of
Antalya. Or, fly to Dalaman and fly out of Antalya. What do you think?

Is Pamukkale a definite must see or is a more relaxing trip along the Mediterranean the way to go? Do you know how long it would take to
drive from Denizli to Fethiye? Is the road a good highway or a local road?

Thank you once again for your help. We are almost there, but keep discovering other wonderful sites to see!
8)
BarbaraJK
Canada

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:02 pm

150 miles from Denizli to Fethiye, it's a good road. If you need a break I recommend Kibyra...
http://homepages.tesco.net/davidmorgan/ ... ibyra.html

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:37 pm

Hi again Barbara,

The travelling distance from Pamukkale to Fethiye is about 250 km and will take about 4 hours. The roads are very good without any problems. I had travelled twice last year ( inland route ) from Antalya - Fethiye - Marmaris and the roads were fine.

Pamukkale and the ruins pf Hierapolis are nice to see especially if you are in the area but it is not like the tourist boards pictures of the past. You only need a half of day to visit the site of Pamukkale.

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/A ... polis.html

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/A ... index.html

There is so much to see in Turkey and I know it is hard to decide where and which places to go. I hope that I have helped and if you have other questions please ask.

Carrie

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 pm

If you're into ruins there's Laodiceia just 10km down the road from Pamukkale. And if you're REALLY into ruins there's Tripolis (20km), Colossae (20km) and even the 7000 year-old Beycesultan Tumulus (90km).

Jeanne

Post by Jeanne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi Barbara,
İ know this is actually not the right place, but as İ happened to read this post and we received no email so far. So if you have still interest please contact us on our email address that you can find in the website.
Have a nice day.