Salmonella at Club Voyage Sorgun, Side,

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

birdingirl
How many stars? **: 0

Post by birdingirl » Tue May 29, 2007 7:20 pm

A party of 8 of us stayed at the Club Voyage at the end of march beginning of april, 4 of us were struck down with Salmonella poisoning. Some guests were hospitilised many many more were bedridden just waiting to get home. On our return to the UK we have been in touch with approx 30 other guests (including german guests) all have been confirmed as having salmonella/amoebic dysentry. The hotel flatly denied it had anything to do with it even though Club Voyage is an all inclusive resort with 7 restaurants and we did not eat off the complex. Thomas Cook have ignored all sufferers even with our mountain of medical evidence and are telling people that this hotel is safe to visit. IT IS NOT. The latest victim was taken to Manavgat hospital on the sayso of the hotel Dr, week commencing 15th May. The hotel looks beautiful but something bad is lurking amongst the food. If you or anyone you know of has stayed at this resort in the past 3 months and has become sick please post on this forum asap. We know there were lots of people struck down and we are trying to contact as many as possible. Thankyou

samikenina

Post by samikenina » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:06 pm

hi there..maybe you should also post this on holiday truths as they have a large data base of hotels in the holiday spots..aegean and med..also member reviews of hotels.

birdingirl

Post by birdingirl » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for you reply. I have done a posting on holidaytruths and I also have a large discussion going on Tripadvisor now with almost 250 replies. Im just trying to reach out to as many people as possible who were affected with this illness, basically I want to stop tour operators telling travellers that it safe when it clearly is not. Thankyou very much for your reply its much appreciated.