promotions and last minute deals

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

ejoffe

promotions and last minute deals

Post by ejoffe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:25 pm

My wife daughter and I will be ariving to Antalya next week.
We plan to stay in Turkey for a month.
We will book the fligh with one of these cheap packages as it is cheaper than buying a ticket alone.
The problem is that I am not interested in the hotel which comes with the package yet we need a place to stay for 2-3 days.
The better packages already cost much more.
I am trying to find an Internet site or a travel agent who offer last minute prices on the numerous hotels in Antalya.
Does the concept of last minute deals exist at all in Antalya's hotels and where can I find out. All the Internet sites show just the preset prices.
Thanks.

Jeanne
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Jeanne » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:43 pm

Hello,
I don't know if they give last minute deals but you can try the La Paloma hotel in Kaleici.
I have friends flying in to Antalya instead of Dalaman, spend a day there and then take the bus to Fethiye, in the end it is about the same price (hotel, twice a taxi plus busticket) as just the transfer from Dalaman by taxi, and they all had a great time.
http://www.lapalomapansion.com/turkce/index.html
The hotel is good.
Good luck!

ejoffe

thanks for the reply

Post by ejoffe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:02 pm

I was kind of hoping to find a deal in one of the resorts so my daughter can enjoy all the activities.
I figured that they give such great rates in the off season that they are bound to do last minute promotions as well. However at the moment it seams I am mistaken.

BTW, how much did your friends pay for La Paloma ?
Was it Half Board ?

I have seen a few similar pensions all looking very nice ie Alp pasa etc.

Thanks for the reply,

Erel

Jeanne

Post by Jeanne » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi again,
they paid just a bit more than 30,00 euro but in April.
They don't have activities I am afraid, the Alp Pasa is very nice, I agree but surely more expensive, even it is similar and when I tried to book a room there several years ago they told me you have to book months beforehand.
Have a nice holiday!

ejoffe

thanks

Post by ejoffe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:27 pm

Hey J,

Thank you for all your replies and your concern.
We will come back and report our findings once we are back

kattok

Re: promotions and last minute deals

Post by kattok » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Turkey is a good destination for last minute trips, they are often available and the price usually inexpensive.