Alibaba Pension Cirali Olympos Kemer Antalya

Recommendations, tips, reports and warnings about hotels in Antalya, on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.

Moderator: sinan

carrie
TTP Expert
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Alibaba Pension Cirali Olympos Kemer Antalya

Post by carrie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Please read! Off-topic Fake Posters
by turkeytom on Mon May 14, 2007 11:38 am

People who post off-topic messages in order to advertise services and set up links to boost the search engine ratings of their own websites are a big problem on all online forums these days.

They have appeared on the TTP Forums now as well.

One person or a small group of these fakers subscribe to forums, then post leading questions under one name so they can answer them under another name and recommend a hotel, travel agency or other service. At first glance, other forum participants may believe that these "recommendations" are valid.

On second reading, however, one can usually tell that they are "suspicious."

I do my best to keep "fake" subscribers off the TTP Forums, but some still slip through and post messages. I've noticed several recently, recommending services both in Turkey and in other travel destinations.

If you feel that some forum messages have been posted by fakers, please send me an email message (mailto:tom@turkeytravelplanner.com) so that I can delete these users and their messages. I have noticed that several Turkish hotels and travel agencies, and at least one hot air balloon company, have posted fake recommendations for themselves.

I welcome travel industry businesses to participate in the TTP Forums openly and honestly, so long as they provide helpful information for travelers in a straightforward manner. Direct advertisements are not allowed, but answers to legitimate questions that may mention a travel business are permitted, and even welcomed.

I recommend that TTP users avoid businesses that dishonestly post fake messages. If they will do that, what else might they do to fool you? What are they hiding? Why won't they post messages openly?

I'll do my best to keep the TTP Forums as an open, informative, valuable discussion area for all honest travelers and business owners who want to help one another.

Tom Brosnahanturkeytom
Site Admin

E-mailWebsite
Carrie Akkelle
Canada Hotel
Cirali / Olympos
Turkey

http://www.canadahotel.net/en/index.htm

my photo site;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Cheers Carrie,
Must say I was a bit suspicious when this one appeared!!
MPD

RIK

Post by RIK » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Carrie. there is another forum ( Dare I post it ) www.laymyhat.com ) Who are dedicated to ExPat Rental Owners.They have a section for Scams and if you are into the rental business or Hotels, then it's worth looking at from time to time.

Ian
It's better to be over the hill than under it.