Ephesus & Pamukkale

Info on guided and independent tours, best routes and itineraries around Turkey

Moderator: sinan

travelbug

Ephesus & Pamukkale

Post by travelbug » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:46 am

Margaret,

So sorry for my delay in replying. We would be delighted to get together if we are able to. You can contact me in Turkey directly at my email address - dgunbug@aol.com. You have my general itinerary, so you will know where I will be approximately! Have a wonderful trip. Can't believe it is approaching rapidly. I can't wait!

June

Pearl

urgent question re Lake Bafa/Ephesus visits

Post by Pearl » Fri May 16, 2008 12:54 am

Hi Everyone,

We are leaving for Turkey next Wed. and would love to hear your thoughts on our planned itinerary around Ephesus below. We have a very tight schedule: arriving at Sirince for our hotel on the late afternoon of May 22 and then must get to Izmir airport no later than 1:30 p.m. on May 24. Given this schedule, we would like to know if it is possible to (a) do a day hiking trip to Lake Bafa (if possible, we would like to climb Mt. Latmos to see some monastery ruins, Crusaders castles and cave paintings) on May 23 and return to Sirince for the night, and (b) on May 24, arise bright and early and tour Ephesus ruins within four hours before headed to Izmir airport. Or, is it more worthwhile to visit Pirine and Didyma on May 23 instead? We will be driving a rental car. If we could go hiking in Lake Bafa/Mt. Latmos, is it advisable for us to hire a guide, or are the roads/trails/sites clearly marked so we could manage on ourselves? Is it safe to drive in the early evenings, e.g., after 6 p.m.? Does anybody know when Ephesus ruins are open for visitors?

Thank you so much in advance for all your help.

Pearl