Me and my wife are 28 year olds from India and are planning a trip to Turkey from 27th September to 6th October.
We arrive and leave from Istanbul on the above dates but wanted to see a few more places other than Istanbul on our trip.
Here's what we were thinking:
Sept 27th, Friday: Reach Ataturk airport at 1 p.m. Take a flight to Izmir directly from airport. Go to hotel at Selcuk and overnight.
Sept 28th, Sat : Day on our own to explore Selcuk and Sirince.
Sept 29th, Sun: Ephesus and onto Bodrum. See some other sights on the way if possible. Is Pamukkale possible to do on the same day? Check into hotel at Bodrum
Sept 30th, Mon: Day at leisure.
Oct 1st, Tue: Checkout and flight/Train/Bus to Kayseri. Check in to hotel at Goreme.
Oct 2nd, Wed: Hot air balloon ride early morning. Rest of the day tours.
Oct 3rd, Thu: Checkout and fly back to Istanbul. Checkin to hotel at Istanbul.
Oct 4th, Fri: Istanbul
Oct 5th, Sat: Istanbul
Oct 6th, Sun: Checkout and fly back.
Please note that we can start at Kayseri/Cappadocia and fly back to Istanbul from Izmir if that works out better too.
Need your suggestions on the above itinerary and some questions below:
- Should we skip Bodrum altogether and stay in Seluck all the while and do a day trip to Kusadasi instead? We heard Kusadasi is better and less commercialized than Bodrum?
- Is there any overnight train/bus from Seluck/Kusadasi to get to Goreme relatively cheaply but comfortably?
- How is the weather going to be around that time (Late Sept- Early oct)?
- Is it safe to travel in Turkey given the protests etc?
- Also any mid to low range hotel suggestions at the above places?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Info on guided and independent tours, best routes and itineraries around Turkey
1 post • Page 1 of 1