Where to stop between Seljuk and Fethiye

Travel by personal car, rental car, car-and-driver, and motorcycle in Turkey

Moderator: sinan

patsyos

Where to stop between Seljuk and Fethiye

Post by patsyos » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello:
I will be driving in September between Seljuk and Fethiye. I would like to stop someplace along the way to spend the night, but want it to be a worthwhile spot, and not be too far (no more than 30 mins) out of the way. We will be spending 6 days in Istanbul and 6 days in the area around Fethiye, so looking for something different.
Thanks!

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Where to stop between Seljuk and Fethiye

Post by David Morgan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Maybe Akyaka, it's about half way from Selçuk to Fethiye.

SwampeastMike

Post by SwampeastMike » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:41 am

If you drive south from Selcuk through via Milas you can spend much of the day enjoying some very interesting places, especially Lake Bafa. Just follow brown signs some of which are for things barely off the highway. Then perhaps overnight near Mugla. If you want to slowly enjoy a very nice drive, this would be my suggestion. Compared to Efus and Fethiye anyplace you stop will be a comparative ghost town.

You could also drive to Pamukkale and perhaps have enough time to visit both the white cliffs and Aphrodisias.

Ali Asterisk

Post by Ali Asterisk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi

I am suddenly on a similar driving trip in Turkey (leaving from Fethiye and ending up in Karaburun, Izmir) in a couple of weeks.

Looking for some suggestions of places to visit on the way - ideally would like to stick to the coast.

Akyaka looks good - so shall put that on the list.

Any other suggestions both for route and places to stay (small, guest houses are my main style)?

Thanks