Greece-Turkey in June - which way should we go?

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

hazeljen

Greece-Turkey in June - which way should we go?

Post by hazeljen » Tue May 20, 2008 3:34 am

My friend and I are travelling in Greece and Turkey from June 9 - 30, 2008. We plan on visiting Athens, a few of the Greek islands (we were thinking Milos, Santorini, and Rhodes), Western Mediterranean Turkey (from Bodrum to Finike), Capadoccia, and Istanbul. We are flying into and out of Athens.

We are trying to plan our itinerary, but cannot decide whether we should do the Greek Islands or Turkey first. We will either travel through the Greek Islands to Turkey and then continue to Capadoccia and Istanbul, to fly back to Athens for our flight home, or we'll go the other way.

Any advice? Is one way better than the other? Is it better to travel in the Greek islands earlier in June?

Thanks for any advice!

SueDinWAUSA
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Greece-Turkey in June - which way should we go?

Post by SueDinWAUSA » Tue May 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello! I'm not a Turkey expert, but I've been using the TTP to fine tune my itinerary. You may want to look at my posting (2 week trip in Turkey: Istanbul, Antalya to Ephesus) for some ideas. Bodrum to Finike is part of my itinerary. I think you should go to Ephesus near Kusadasi (north of Bodrum). I've been told to avoid Bodrum and Marmaris...)

I know there is an overnight ferry from Istanbul to Bodrum that runs a couple of times a week and that may be fun...

Good luck,
sue