First time to Cappadocia in November. Please advise us.

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

stampthepassport

First time to Cappadocia in November. Please advise us.

Post by stampthepassport » Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 pm

We are in the initial planning stage of a trip to Cappadocia during mid to late November.
We want to take advantage of our Thanksgiving Holiday to give us extra days.
Here are some of our questions:
(1) We will welcome your comments about being in Cappadocia during that time of
year regarding weather.

(2) We are thinking about staying at either Kelebek Suites or at their Kelebek Pension in Goreme. We are a little concerned about the cave rooms as we are slightly claustrophobic. Any suggestions or comments?

(3) Also, do you recommend that we rent a car or just use taxis to see the various tourist’s sights?

Thanks very much

Love 2 Travel
How many stars? **: 0

Re: First time to Cappadocia in November. Please advise us.

Post by Love 2 Travel » Tue May 27, 2008 9:16 am

Hi there,

We visited Cappadocia in early / mid November and stayed in Goreme. The days were perfectly blue skies and cold and the nights were just damn cold!

We also stayed at Kelebek pension in a cave room which was spectacular. The rooms are large and we did not feel at all claustrophobic.

Kelebel was exceptional. Goreme is beautiful. Enjoy your trip.

l have a trip report buried somwwhere in the old trips reports if you want to havea read.

Cheers,

Martin
Hi from Australia. Always looking for somewhere interesting to go. Advice graciously excepted and given.

Cheers

Tosun Saral
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Tosun Saral » Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Every season, every day, every hour, every minute is beautiful and diffent in Cappa. It is even beautiful under snow. In November you need rainfest shooes. To give you an imagination about october please visit my page "Nevsehir" The days are hot but the nights are cold.

Have a nice time. Eating Turkey with the Turks in Turkey is a good idea.

That reminded me a Thanksgiving memory that I had with a couple of US girls in Vienna in 1963 where I was a student at the Uni. I med them at a dancing. They were touring Europa. We spend 2 weeks in Vienna. One of them Carla offered us to cook thankgiving Turkey at our apartment. She could speak a little german. She went to the shop to buy a frozen Turkey. She told the shopkeeper.
"Turkei"
Türkei means Turkey in German but in reality is "Thuthahn" Natuarlly the shopkeeper did not understand. I went to buy it. During the dinner Carla told us "Wir essen die Türkei mit der Türken" (We are eating the Turkey with the Turks)
8) 8)
Don't die before visiting Turkey

stampthepassport

Post by stampthepassport » Wed May 28, 2008 2:29 am

Thanks for the responses and suggestions. We will make sure that we pack both warm and rain gear----kind of an layering
approach.