March Weather Etc

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

March Weather Etc

Post by PandaFi » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi there,

I've booked a holiday to Side in March and I'm wondering what the weather will be like and what sort of things there is to do?

How many stars? **: 0

Re: March Weather Etc

Post by davcamp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:58 pm

I have been to Istanbul in March...was there 15 days and for the most part is was a mixture of sunny and overcast days with daily high temps in 55-60 F. with an occasional day here and there up to 70. Bring a jacket and umbrella as it may rain a couple days for short bursts.
You will probably not be able to wear shorts or flip flops either. :-)
There were a couple days walking around mid-day where I removed my light jacket and tied it around my waist. There were also a couple days where I was bundled up all day.
davcamp ... Guide.html

Post by margaretp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Side is warmer than Istanbul! March can be lovely on the south coast, but it wont be too hot. Perfect for sightseeing, just take an umbrella as it can be wet. May be warm enough for some days on the beach but the sea will be cool! Just bear in mind that if you are planning to travel inland, there are mountains around and you may still find winter remnants (i.e. snow) on the mountains.

Tosun Saral

Post by Tosun Saral » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Best time in Side. The spring nature reliving. I live in Alanya. Alanya is only one hour away with bus or rent car. There is every half an hour bus to Alanya and Antalya. Alanya is bigger then Side. Today it was sunny. During the nights a little chilly. It may rain. bring your pulover. At noon you can swimm or sun at the beach. But we Turks dont do that. We wait till June.
Side is in the middle of an ancient Roman city. You will live in ancient ruins. amphitehethars, tembles. The Aspendos is only half and hour away from Side. River of Manavgat and its water fall is interesting to visit. It is also half an hour away. Yoy can take a river curuise on the river. Manavgat river is a rafting paradise.
Lots of things to do. have a nice time. Mareey Xmass and happy new year :D
Don't die before visiting Turkey