is july hot ?

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

kaz40
How many stars? **: 0

is july hot ?

Post by kaz40 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm

going for holiday in july to marmaris ( the first week of the month ) the lady i am going with does not like the heat that much , how hot it is during that time of the month ? thanks for you help .

David Morgan

Re: is july hot ?

Post by David Morgan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:19 am

Here's a web site with the average temperatures for Marmaris:
http://www.marmarisinfo.com/weather/average.phtml

davcamp

Post by davcamp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Hello,
Hot is a relative term...Marmaris in July is very hot in my book. I am from Chicago.
You'll be by the sea where he can cool off. Make sure you get a room with air and keep your activities confined to early morning and evenings.
davcamp

Tosun Saral

Post by Tosun Saral » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:52 pm

July is the hottest month all over in Turkey. I was borned in July 17th at Fethiye. for that reason I like hot. But Marmaris is not so hot like other parts of Turkey. Because it is situated at a bay covered with pine forests. Doctors advice to hearth sickness patients to go to Marmaris. In summer we dont wear heavy clothes. We wear shorts and shirts. But you must cover your head with a cap. I live in Alanya during summer moths. It is a hell but I like it. I like to walk half nakedwith a cap on my head. Please visit my Alanya page and get an idea how you will wear at Marmaris.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/45b5fd/

Have a nice time in Turkey. Be one of the sons of the Sun. :D
Don't die before visiting Turkey

SwampeastMike

Post by SwampeastMike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 pm

lookngtotravel wrote:I think it is so fascinating that the weather can change after a short flight. In Chicago, it is very hot in July, but I would have expected the temperature to be not so hot in Turkey. What is the heat like? Is it humid?
Humidity is a relative term ;)

The Mediterranean coast (especially near Antalya) is very hot and quite humid--rather like Southern Illinois in August. I have not yet visited, but have been told that the far eastern Mediterranean has the worst summer weather with extreme humidity and high heat. The Izmir area (near Ephesus) can be brutally hot--the locals call it "humid" but I tell them they don't know humidity (I live in SE Missouri on the Mississippi). Istanbul should be relatively comfortable compared to these areas. The Bodrum area is very hot, but not so humid and evenings are typically glorious. I suspect that elevation plays a large role in temperatures in the interior with humidity generally low during the dry summer.

jam441

Post by jam441 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:33 am

Yes hot, but I stayed in Palamutbuku on the Datca Peninsula last June and the humidity is low.