Turkey in February 2010

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

lmaharaj

Turkey in February 2010

Post by lmaharaj » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi,

I am running a student geology trip to Turkey in late February 2010 and I was wondering what the weather would be like in the western and southern regions? For example in Bursa, Izmir and Antalya? What will the temperatures and climate be like in those regions? I'm concerned that it might be too cold...

Thanks!
LM

davcamp
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Turkey in February 2010

Post by davcamp » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Hello,
In Bursa and Izmir expect some rain with flurries at night with daytime highs around 50F on a sunny day, Along southern coast expect sunny and 60-70's
davcamp

Tosun Saral
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Turkey in February 2010

Post by Tosun Saral » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:07 am

!st: Well come to Turkey. Your students will have a 1001 adventures
2nd. Where are you from?

:)
Turkey is a vast land. There are all kinds of climates. It will be very cold, rainny and snowy in Bursa. Bursa is on the foot of a huge Mountain called Uludag. Uludag is ever snowy. There is a saillift to the 1st Etage. You must go to second etage with bus. 2nd etage is the ski resort of Turkey. For ulufag and Bursa you must have rainfest shooes and saccos. If you are lucky there will be no snow or rain but cold.
western Turkey, Izmir, Ephesus, pamukkale will be rainny or suny but not cold. The nights are colder then days.
Antalya. February is the beginning of spring. You will have a medium climate. sun shine, lemon, orange blossoms will be waiting you.,
Don't die before visiting Turkey