Pegasos world Side

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

annpat
How many stars? **: 0

Pegasos world Side

Post by annpat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi
Please can any-one give me as much information as they can on the Pegasos World Hotel Side, this is our first trip ever to Turkey,we are hoping to go there with our children and granchildren in September, is there any where outside the complex you can walk to ? What are the beaches like there? is the food nice? also I am in a wheelchair and any information about the surrounding area will be extremely helpfull, or if you know of any other hotel or resort which would be suitable for all of us, many thanks for you help.

Annpat

norwegianfamily

Re: Pegasos world Side

Post by norwegianfamily » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:37 pm

We are a family of four who just returned after two week in Pegasos World. We have kids at 2 and 5 years, and for parts of the time their grandparents were also there. To sum it up, we were all pleased with our stay. Over a two week period there is always some things on would like to adjust, but over all there wasn`t really any reasons to complain.

Although we had no travellers with wheelchair, we had a trolley (buggy, stroller? I am not sure what the correct british terms is, but I am sure you know what I mean) for our youngest girl, so in terms of accessability, we have some information. We are lucky enough to be able to pick up and carry the trolley if needed. If I remember correctly there were no problems moving around. Some times we had to go a different route than we had planned because of stairs, but there was always elevators or another route to take. I would not worry to much about being able to move around on the area, being by the pool, inside lobby and restaurants and rooms. The beach is perhaps another issue. The sand is soft and hot and probably not wheelchair-friendly. However: You can access the beach easily as there is a wooden sort of boardwalk on the beach. But for swimming you will probably meet some problems. But the geography is probably the same for all other beaches in Turkey, at least here you can access the beach. The beach is sandy, but with small, smooth rocks just by the sea. It becomes rather deep quite quickly, just one meter out one has water to the chest. There was also days with lots of waves and surprisingly strong currents. I would not recommend kids swimming without supervision or good swimming capabilities. There was a lifeguard, but I never saw him in his tower...

Also, the hotel area is large (find an overview of the hotel online and look for yourself) and there are many paths to move around on. If you want shadow, peace and quiet, you can easily find that within the hotel area. To get around outside the hotel, you will need either a taxi or the dolmus (a small bus) to find somewhere interesting. Neither is easily accessed, but I am not sure whether the hotel or your travel organizer could order a more suitable transport for you. If you are able to walk for a bit and access a bus or a taxi, I believe the chauffeures are more then willing to assist, after all, they have respect for elder people and their income largely depends on tips. Just outside the hotel lies a road, a desert like area and other hotel resorts. There is probably nothing to see, but then again we never tried. It was simply too hot, 40 C/104 F.

As for your grandchildren, I am sure that they will have a great time regardless of their age. Kids 4-12 has a miniclub, the pool is exciting for kids 0-100 years old and for teenagers there is a variety of water sports available at the beach. Also there is discos for both kids and teenagers/parents. I did not try out paragliding as rumors had it a Danish woman simply fell out of the parachute and died landing on the beach just days before we arrived. However, as far as I could tell, the water sports team looked serious and I am certain that if this was true, every step to ensure it will not happen again is taken.

The food is very good and of high quality. We stayed for two weeks, and the last week we were slightly fed up with the food. Even if it was good, there was, in my opinion, just variations over the same theme. Basicly turkish food, with an excellent salad buffet. Normally there would be grilled fish, grilled meat, kebab chicken, some different meat casserolles, vegetable dishes and of course rice, bread, potatoes and pasta. And a wide variety of feta cheese, olives and turkish specialities. Breakfast was cheese, ham, beans, bacon (three days a week) sausages, variety of eggs, jams, honey, feta and olives again, pancakes, cereals, fruit. When I write this, I actually wonder how one can get fed up with this... In the beach bar and different snack bars there was pizza, burgers, chips, salad and chicken nuggets.

I am not familiar with other hotels in the area, but I have difficulties seeing any one being better options then Pegasos World. There could of course be hotels that are focusing on accessability for wheelchairs, but that is something a travel agent would know more of.

We wish you and your family a plesant trip and hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to ask more questions if you have any. Regards form a Norwegian family.

annpat
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Pegasos world Side

Post by annpat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Thank you very much for the information, you answered all my questions with great clarity, I will now pass the information onto my family and see what they decide. Ann