Travel During Turkish Holidays

Weather, seasons, holidays, good and bad times

Moderator: sinan

SwampeastMike
How many stars? **: 0

Travel During Turkish Holidays

Post by SwampeastMike » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:34 pm

During Seker Bayrami at least, it seems you have to book VERY early.

We arrive 7 Sep and already having difficulty booking a seven-night stay in Cappadocia area, especially Avanos. Am using a Turkish travel agency that we have used previously and our preferred hotels have been fully booked for some time. I suspect that the small to medium sized hotels of good reputation and medium price were the first to go...

I thought early June would be nice and early.

Kitty

Re: Travel During Turkish Holidays

Post by Kitty » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Seker Bayram (9th-12th September) hits the peak season this year so most places are full up. Try the more out-of-the-way hotels for a good deal - there are a few in Mustafapasa with public transport to Urgup greatly improved now - every half hour from 7 am till 10:30 pm. Ortahisar hotels and guest houses probably have some rooms left but you'd need a car.

http://www.topofturkey.com/newsandevents/index.html

SwampeastMike
How many stars? **: 0

Post by SwampeastMike » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:05 am

Thank you Kitty. I was able to book a hotel but it is rather out-of-the-way and quite expensive. Plan was for Sofa Hotel in Avanos. We do have a rental car as such seems a great aid in the Cappadocia area.

paneli

Post by paneli » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:50 pm

I always try to travel at times other than the best this holiday season. Prices are cheaper and people are not too many in destinations.