Travel visa

Feedback from travelers recently returned from Turkey: what's good, what's bad, what they found

Moderator: sinan

Jayneygibb

Travel visa

Post by Jayneygibb » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 am

Can anyone clarify please? Have tried Turkish consulate but they won't reply by e mail? I bought a travel visa on 1 June & stayed in Turkey approx 42 days. I wish to return in Aug. is my visa still valid & if so, for how long? I will not be in Turkey for 90 days in total, including both trips. Some opinions say visa runs out in 3 months, others 180 days so no need to purchase another visa. I am confused but don't want to take the wrong option & end up illegal! As there are a few of us in the party in exactly same position, financially we would be better off if the visa lasted 180 days from date of purchase - ie runs out late Nov/early Dec. Any help would be welcomed

mrdnmz

Re: Travel visa

Post by mrdnmz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 am

All details are here.

http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information- ... ers.en.mfa

Hope this will help.

turkeytom
Site Admin
How many stars? **: 0

Post by turkeytom » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 pm

The period of validity of a visa is from the date of first entry into the country, not the number of days you stay in the country. If you entered Turkey on June 1 with a 90-day visa, I'd guess that your visa will expire on August 28th or 29th, 90 days from your first entry (depending on how the Turkish government defines "first day" and "last day.")

Periods of validity for visas vary according to passport.

I've returned to Turkey during the period of validity of a previous visa. The Immigration officer stamped me through, assuming that I would leave before the end of the period of validity.

Tom Brosnahan

Jayneygibb

Post by Jayneygibb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:20 am

Thank you all. I just need to check whether ours are 90 day or 180 day visas! The stamp says "multiple entry visa valid for an intended stay of no more than 90 days per period 180 days duration begins on the date of entry to Turkey. Duration begins on the date of entry to Turkey. Holder has no right to work" I guess that means if it's stamped 1st June, it's valid for 180 days from then, regardless of no of visits to Turkey? It's just that I have always had to purchase a Visa each time if the period from 1st visit to end of last visit(always less than 90 days in total), hence the confusion!