Accommodation in Sirince - Honeysuckle House

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

How many stars? **: 0

Accommodation in Sirince - Honeysuckle House

Post by Angela » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:42 pm

In September 2006 we stayed in Sirince in a bed and breakfast called Honeysuckle House (Hanimeli Pansiyon) and it was the most pleasurable experience. The house is a 200 year historical listed building and the owners have preserved the charming character of the house, with the old wooden beams showing and original wood carvings. The house has two large double rooms and a large single room. It is next to the old church of St John in a quiet part of the village. We spent a lovely evening in the village which becomes very peaceful after the tourists have gone home, walking around looking at the unnusual architecture and enjoying the mountain views.

We found a restaurant where we could look over the village and the mountains and see the amazingly starry sky. We could hear an owl in the church as we walked home through the little lanes. The house is very comfortable with new beds and bedding and with a modern bathroom with plenty of hot water. I was able to have a bath which is quite unusual in Turkey!

We woke up to a beautiful view over the mountains from our bedroom, and to the sound of a donkey passing by clip clopping on the path next to the house. The housekeepers who live next door came and made our breakfast which we ate out in the garden in the early morning sun. The garden was planted with vines covered in grapes. It was a very romantic setting and somewhere I would recommend. The housekeepers Erdem and Doursan were very helpful and friendly, as we always find Turkish people to be.

We spent the day in Selcuk visiting the Archeological Museum. If you are planning an overnight stop while visiting Ephesus, Sirince is a great improvement on Selcuk where the hotels are mostly modern, and it is only 8km away by bus. The bus trip in itself is very enjoyable winding up into the mountains.

The website for Honeysuckle House can be found at:

Re: Accommodation in Sirince - Honeysuckle House

Post by shiny4roy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 am

Sirince is a beautiful hill town. I must admit that I have not been charmed by them, but it's an experience. Most of the houses in Sirince were built around the 19th century or earlier when Sirince was predominantly a Greek village, today some of them have been restored and turned into pensions for over-night guests. Sirince is probably most famous for it’s wine production. You see many wine houses around where you can taste the many sorts of grape and fruit wines they make there. Enjoy the authentic village atmosphere, stop at the local wineries to taste the many sorts of fruit wines or spend your time looking at the various local handmade crafts like crochet and hand made lace, embroidery and clothes.

Hotels in North Canton