To stay in Selcuk or Kusadasi

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

ericchma
How many stars? **: 0

To stay in Selcuk or Kusadasi

Post by ericchma » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:23 pm

Can anyone advise if there is any nice beach pension around Kusadasi? (I don't like those modern hotel, but those more on pension like).

How about any recommended hotel in Selcuk? Coz I would like to compare if I should stay in Selcuk or at Kusadasi.

Thank you. :D
Cheers,
Eric

olympos

Post by olympos » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:38 pm

Just for your info

8/21/2006 Forest Fires In Selcuk And Kusadasi

SELCUK/KUSADASI - Fire fighters are trying to contain forest fires which began in western city of Izmir's Selcuk town and later spread to Kusadasi town of Aydin.

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=138548

Flames from a massive forest fire raging out of control along Turkey's Aegean coastline left people astounded when they stopped within 1.5 meters of the famed house in Selcuk where the Virgin Mary is said by many to have lived for some months.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/4959265.asp?gid=74

regards
OLYMPOS

charley48

Post by charley48 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:17 pm

i stayed selcuk at the nilya hotel. we checked out bella and by far nilya is it. after you enter the lovely gate, magic happens. there are gardens, chimes, fountians. we love a quiet unique place to stay and this is possibly the most wonderful place. the breakfast is much more special than anyother in Turkey. I had to take a picture of it. they go way out of their way to help you with resturant (i found turkish pizza pide, oh my) and anything that you need.

Ali Asterisk

Post by Ali Asterisk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:39 pm

Depends what you are loooking for but I would say definitely stay in Selcuk. Businesses in Selcuk are suffering because most of the tour companies use Kusadasi as a base and just go to Ephesus on day trips bypassing the small town of Selcuk. This means that if you stay in Selcuk everyone is extra friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

I'm afraid I can't recommend a beach pension I have always stayed in Selcuk itself at Hotel Ukmez. If I have needed to go to the beach there's generally one of the staff around who will drop me there. In fact, quite often it ends up being an excuse to organise a whole impromptu beach party! :D

Ali

charley48

Post by charley48 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:40 pm

i am glad that i stayed in selcuk, i really didn't like being in kusadasi at all. I despised the signs that say, " buy here, approved for the windstar" ect.. too touristy and too ugh, the town of selcuk was so quiet and nice.