Hotel Bella, Selcuk, Turkey

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

Lianne Curry

Hotel Bella, Selcuk, Turkey

Post by Lianne Curry » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:05 pm

I have just made my second trip to Turkey and second time to stay at Hotel Bella in Selcuk.
WOW have these guys made some changes.
They had hotel closed Christmas 2006 for renovation, just finished everything when they had huge fire end of January 07, devasted the whole new terrace area, which has again been rebuilt. They are so lucky fire was contained to terrace only, as all bathrooms had been newly renovated, with new bed linen, covers and towels fort he rooms. I remember this place being pretty fantastic before, but now, it is even better if that is possible! .

They still offer the same great services, running people to and from Ephesus and all around the place. Helping with travel arrangements and advice and still producing wonderful food from their restaurant.

I see they have moved their carpet shop to the hotel, but I never heard any hard sell. I went in to look, no hard sell on me either. Even when I couldnt make up my mind and said no, as they have such a large selection of beautiful, quality carpets, runners, bed covers, pillow cases and decorative wall hangings, they never pressured me over the next 3 days I stayed to make a decision or visit the carpet shop again. Although I did at the last minuet and just love the carpet I purchased. Which I found out later was very good quality and I got at a reasonable price. I have to say on top of that, throughly enjoyed Nazmi’s information given on the history of the carpets. An experience in itself to be enjoyed!.

I cant speak highly enough of these guys and their whole family who work in the hotel.
Great people, sense of humour, helpful, pleasant, friendly. Hotel clean, rooms clean, beds comfortable, great food. Breakfast on terrace in the mornıng under big umbrellas, with such a great view, this place is to die for if your looking for somewhere really good to stay in Selcuk.
I would recommend you book in advance, they are so popular rooms are booked quickly.

The Andos

Hotel Bella

Post by The Andos » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:32 am

Yes we were there in 22 and 23 July and totally agree with everything above!!

lorien_i
How many stars? **: 0

Post by lorien_i » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:43 pm

We are at the Hotel Bella in Selcuk right now and cannot say enough good things about this hotel: we have been staying in mid-low budget places during our stay (almost three weeks so far) and the Hotel Bella is right up there with the other really nice place we stayed (Hotel Canada in Cirali).

Rates are reasonable, rooms are very clean, the food is delish and the location can't be beat. We also purchased a carpet today which we are very happy with, and especially happy with the complete lack of hard-sell.

We were picked up at the otogar after 10pm on Thursday night within five minutes of the phone call (and in fact we were over an hour later than expected).

We rented a car yesterday to go to Priene, Miletus & Didyma and our host not only called the rental agency, arranged for us to not need a credit card for the rental and even PAID THE BILL when he realized we hadn't had a chance to go to the ATM. Amazing!

I would recommend this hotel unhesitatingly and without reservation. We're staying five nights!