selcuk vs kusadasi

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: selcuk vs kusadasi

Post by David Morgan » Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 pm

carrie wrote:the bird island (hence Kuş adasi )
Thanks for the Turkish lesson, I realise now that I've been pronouncing it totally wrong - should be "Koosh ahdusser" rather than "Koosher dahsee", hope that makes sense. I was beginning to wonder when I saw that it's got an "ı" at the end.
P.S. I wonder how much it costs to stay in this hotel at the south end of Pamucak beach?

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Thu May 01, 2008 11:03 pm

David Morgan wrote:
carrie wrote:the bird island (hence Kuş adasi )
Thanks for the Turkish lesson, I realise now that I've been pronouncing it totally wrong - should be "Koosh ahdusser" rather than "Koosher dahsee", hope that makes sense. I was beginning to wonder when I saw that it's got an "ı" at the end.
P.S. I wonder how much it costs to stay in this hotel at the south end of Pamucak beach?
He he...but still I spelt it half english and turkish..LOL

it is actually Kuşadası ( without the dotted i ) ( ı) Kuş adası

also the keyboard bothers me still at times..the i's are in a differnet postion.. :D

Ps..the google map does not come up any other link ???
Carrie Akkelle
Canada Hotel
Cirali / Olympos
Turkey

http://www.canadahotel.net/en/index.htm

my photo site;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom

turkey08

Post by turkey08 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:01 pm

travelbug wrote:Please tell me the pros and cons of staying in either Selcuk or Kusadasi. My husband wants to stay in a modern hotel in Kusadasi, but I may prefer the less westernized accommodation. Thanks for your input - June
just returned from a wonderful tour of turkey. learnt much and found it beautiful.
selcuk, hands down. there are 2 parts to the city/town - one older and very serene and pretty along the st.john's church, museum, and the mosque. the other side has the market, an open air one on friday nights. we stayed at the hotel kalehan which itself is a very pretty old hotel with a rose garden and a pool. their food is pretty good as well.

kusadasi reminded me of waikiki beach - noisy, busy, very touristy (caters to british tourists).

travelbug

Post by travelbug » Sat May 17, 2008 1:21 am

Turkey08 - Thanks so much for your response. We leave on May 22nd and I have still not convinced my rather stubborn husband that Selcuk is the place to be! I'd love to hear more about your trip as we had a very similar itinerary. Please email me your thoughts at dgunbug@aol.com. Thanks! - June

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Thu May 22, 2008 2:31 pm

David Morgan wrote:P.S. I wonder how much it costs to stay in this hotel at the south end of Pamucak beach?
It's the Efes Sürmeli Hotel and it's not as expensive as I thought might be. Mixed reviews on trip advisor, though.

travelbug

Post by travelbug » Thu May 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info David. My vote is still for Selcuk! Today's the day - we leave. Yippeee! Thank you all for all the wonderful advise. I will share my info when I return. - June

travelbug

Post by travelbug » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 pm

We are back from Turkey after a marvelous 3 week vacation and I just wanted to follow up with some thoughts. Despite wanting to stay in Selcuk, I relented to my husband's wishes and we stayed in Kusadasi. I know that many of you encouraged me to stay in Selcuk, but we were very happy in Kusadasi and would say that for those with a car, Kusadasi works out well. The waterfront area was delightful to walk around as were the shops and pedestrian area. The people were all very friendly and we had a great opportunity to interact with many of the Turkish people while strolling. Thanks again for your opinions. I hope my own thoughts help others as well. - June

davcamp1

Post by davcamp1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:00 pm