Hotel between Izmir and Ephesus

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

mikeyang75

Hotel between Izmir and Ephesus

Post by mikeyang75 » Sun May 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Greetings,

We are flying into Izmir and landing at 10:25 PM (which will be 6:25 AM to us). We are renting a car and hoping to find a hotel close to the airport because jet lag will be an issue. Our plans are to drive to Ephesus (Selcuk) the next morning.

So far I am having difficulty finding a hotel to stay at since all the hotels I find are in the city of Izmir, which is to the north (and therefore in the wrong direction). I don't want to drive north into a large city only to drive south back out of it the next day. :)

Do you know of any hotels near Izmir airport or hotels that are between Izmir and Ephesus (Selcuk)? Selcuk is about 33 miles (55 km) from Izmir airport and therefore we would prefer not to drive to Selcuk (jet-lagged and at night) immediately after we land.

I have already tried looking at Hotels.com but they only show hotels in the city of Izmir.

Thank you in advance,
Mike

margaretp
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Hotel between Izmir and Ephesus

Post by margaretp » Mon May 25, 2009 11:19 am

Why not just go to Selcuk by cab and pick up the car from the hotel next day?
MPD

davcamp

Post by davcamp » Mon May 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Hello, I just took a dolmus from Izmir Airport to Selcuk, I did not see any hotels on our way. 5 minutes out of Izmir to toward Selcuk there are only small villages and agrarian communities till you get to Selcuk.
You have 3 choices:
1. Hop a 50 minute cab to your hotel in Selcuk or have hotel pick you up. Cab ride s/b at rate of 35 Euros maybe a little less if your hotel picks you up.
2. Rent your car and drive to your hotel. You can check in, shower and see Ephesus in the afternoon around 4pm when the sun is waning.
3. From Airport take a Havas bus for 25 minutes into Izmir city-center, sleep well and the next day hop a cab or Havas back to Izmir Airport. It is only 25 minutes away. Pick up your car and head to Ephesus.

Of the 3 I like heading directly to Selcuk form the airport. Though you may be jet-lagged it will be a relief to get off a long jet-ride and rent your car and get to your hotel for some shut-eye. You will feel better the next day for it and will be where you want to be already.
davcamp

http://web.me.com/dav_camp/Sea_%26_Land ... hesus.html

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Tue May 26, 2009 1:23 pm

I ditto the reply of when you arrive just drive direct or take a taxi to Selcuk..it is only 50 minutes away..and unless you go into Izmir you probably wont find anything suitable..and you spend as much time driving there as you would getting to Selcuk...the road are good and well marked..also you could organize a private transfer from the hotel / pension that you are planning to stay at in selcuk..then they are there to pick you up on your arrival..
Carrie Akkelle
Canada Hotel
Cirali / Olympos
Turkey

http://www.canadahotel.net/en/index.htm

my photo site;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom