Sirince lodgings

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

MNeoh

Sirince lodgings

Post by MNeoh » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:42 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in Sirince? Also any comments about using it as a base for Efes and/or Didyma, etc?

thanks!

turkeytom
Site Admin
How many stars? **: 0

Sirince Lodgings

Post by turkeytom » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:12 am

Sirince (shee-REEN-jeh) is great for charming inns, old restored deluxe'd village houses, etc. Not cheap, but worth the price.

Nisanyan Evleri (nee-SHAHN-yahn) is perhaps the best, run by a travel writer! About US$75 double.

Sirince Evleri is a good alternative, a bit cheaper.

Otherwise, there are a half-dozen nice, cheap pensions with rooms for about US$30 or so double.

If you have your own car you could use Sirince as your base for visits to area sights, but you're basically adding 16 km of driving to your daily load, as Sirince is 8 km from Selçuk on a side road.

Tom Brosnahan

MNeoh

Nisanyan Evleri

Post by MNeoh » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:04 am

Thanks very much for your suggestions Tom. We just came back from our trip to Turkey and had the best experience at Nisanyan Evleri. It was for sure, one of the nicest places we have ever stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms had amazing views of the village below and were exceedingly comfortable, and the food was first rate - excellent breakfasts and dinners. Would highly recommend this place. I realize the slight inconvenience of staying in Sirince vs. Selcuk in visiting sites like Ephesus but the charm of staying in a village where all you hear are donkeys and chickens is well worth it. After a few hectic days in Istanbul, this was a wonderful respite.

MNeoh

Nisanyan Evleri

Post by MNeoh » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:04 am

Thanks very much for your suggestions Tom. We just came back from our trip to Turkey and had the best experience at Nisanyan Evleri. It was for sure, one of the nicest places we have ever stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms had amazing views of the village below and were exceedingly comfortable, and the food was first rate - excellent breakfasts and dinners. Would highly recommend this place. I realize the slight inconvenience of staying in Sirince vs. Selcuk in visiting sites like Ephesus but the charm of staying in a village where all you hear are donkeys and chickens is well worth it. After a few hectic days in Istanbul, this was a wonderful respite.

RCLCOLPB

Post by RCLCOLPB » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:52 am

I agree with the recommendation of Nisanyan Evleri, if the price does not phase you. We stayed there in 9/05. Although Sirince does add a little driving time, on balance we thought it was well worth it for the charm of the town and the hotel. We were supposed to have the top room in the main building, but instead we were given the bay window house (http://www.nisanyan.com/houses.htm), which was beautiful with a downstairs kitchen/breakfast table and an upstairs room with two smallish built-in beds, a large master bedroom, and a bathroom. No AC, but with fan, the temperature was fine. The bathroom was beautiful, with marble on the shower, but hot water (and water more generally) seemed to be somewhat problematic. It was a dark walk to and from the main hotel at night, but we belatedly discovered that good flashlights were in the house.

232-898-32-08, hotel@nisanyan.com

We had an excellent dinner at the Nisanyan.

In general, the hotel and restaurant are expensive by Turkish standards, particularly if we had paid the full current rates (which are higher than when we made the reservation early in the year), but delightful if you want to spend the money. We did not have much contact with the owners, who don’t live on the property. On-site staff spoke enough English for what was needed, but not enough to answer more in-depth questions. One oddity, which we ran into in various forms in some other Turkish hotels, is that the beds had only a small, somewhat rough, non-tucked-in sheet/coverlet. When we asked about it, I don’t think we were really understood, but they left us a comforter, which worked much better.

Excellent breakfast fix-ins were brought to us the night before, with delicious freshly baked bread hung up outside of our door early in the morning. Two cheeses, eggs that we could cook, yogurt, sausage, tomato, etc.

They seem to not be great at checking their e-mail (perhaps because we found e-mail service at the hotel to be intermittent) even though they have a business of making reservations for great small hotels in Turkey (based on a book that the owners write every year, which seems to be a good source of high-end, high-quality small hotels in various—but not all—locations).
Len
Washington, DC

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:04 am

Hi all,

Any new updates for this area ??? I plan to travel with the family to this area possible later this week and looking for places to stay in Selcuk or Sirince. Thanks
Carrie

Love 2 Travel

Post by Love 2 Travel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:16 am

Hi Carrie,

When we were in Selcuk we stayed at Jimmy Place Artemis guest house which is very central and was quite nice.

Cheers,

Martin
Hi from Australia. Always looking for somewhere interesting to go. Advice graciously excepted and given.

Cheers

carrie
TTP Expert

Post by carrie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks Love 2 Travel,

I had very limited time and acess to the internet while we were away. We ended up staying at the AKAY HOTEL, one that Tom recommends on the site. Great small hotel and great location to the Church of St John. There are 2 parts to this hotel and we stayed in the newer section. Loved it !!! I will write up a trip report when I have some time.

Best wishes Carrie