Izmir Hotel Reccomendation

Comments on lodgings near Ephesus: Selçuk, Kusadasi, Izmir and nearby towns

Moderator: sinan

kfriebel

Izmir Hotel Reccomendation

Post by kfriebel » Sun May 23, 2010 7:41 pm

We are staying one night in Izmir in June. Can anyone recommend a hotel that is around 60 Euros, and is centrally located. We will be arriving in the morning from Bergama and will be dropping our car, and then spending the day looking around Izmir before we head back to Istanbul the next day.

kfriebel

Re: Izmir Hotel Reccomendation

Post by kfriebel » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:50 am

I will answer my own question. We ended up staying at the Hotel Konak Saray. We were quite pleased with the location, which is just on the outskirts of the bazaar, close to the ancient agora, and a 10 minute walk to the waterfront. The rooms were average size, with good ac, and a better than average breakfast buffet. I would stay again. I read lots of comments that there isn't much to see in Izmir. We only spent one day and one night here, but I loved the bazaar, and walking along the waterfront and really enjoyed my short time here.

shiny4roy

Re: Izmir Hotel Reccomendation

Post by shiny4roy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 am

A recently-built large bus terminal has intercity buses to destinations across Turkey. The city has rail service from historic terminals in downtown. Trains remain a comparatively slow alternative, while the metro line that will reach the airport is under construction. The taxis are not cheap and can cost up to fifty U.S. dollars, depending on the distance.

Hotels in North Canton