honeymoon hotel in Cappadocia region

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

honeymoon hotel in Cappadocia region

Post by meryl » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:15 pm

My fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon in Turkey in late May. We are going to spending 3 days in teh Cappadocia region and are lookcing for a recommendation for hotel with a great atmospher. Any recommendations?

Love 2 Travel
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Love 2 Travel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:39 am

Hi there,

l highly reccommend Kelebek hotel/pension in Goreme in the heart of Cappadocia. We stayed there last November.

They have cave suites with Spa and open fire place (good for winter) excellent place, great views,food and location.

Hi from Australia. Always looking for somewhere interesting to go. Advice graciously excepted and given.

How many stars? **: 0

hotel in cappadocia

Post by merche719 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:13 am

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in Turkey and we had a wonderful hotel Goreme (in Cappadocia). It is Anatolian Houses Hotel and just opened this year in May. Our room was gorgeous, with two levels. The first was a living room with fire place, sofa, chair, turkish rugs, and of course was a cave. A curving staircase led to the charming cave bedroom with another fireplace and a four poster bed draped with white linen. It had a lovely view of the strange landscape. The bathroom was marble with a jacuzzi boasting a skylight above it.

Indeed, the service was not perfect. The staff is charming and tries their best to accomodate, but I feel that they are lacking experience. However, it did not detract at all from our stay. The food was delicious, we ordered lunch in the room one day and while it took a long time, it was a feast worth the wait. Nearby though, we also discovered a fabulous restaurant called 'A la Turca' which had some of the best food we had in Turkey.

Hope this helps!