Elif Star Caves OR Kelebek OR Esbelli ?? Help me choose!

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

Elif Star Caves OR Kelebek OR Esbelli ?? Help me choose!

Post by creamsoda » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:39 pm

I know Tom is a strong supporter of Esbelli in Urgup. I've heard good things about Elif Star and Kelebek in Goreme too. Elif and Kelebek seem closer in price, Esbelli is about double the price. Where should I stay (I will be on my honeymoon)? The websites for all 3 are very good. All three have been very good in responding to emails - all very professional and prompt. Suggestions to help me choose?

Love 2 Travel
How many stars? **: 0

Post by Love 2 Travel » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:45 am

My wife and l stayed in a cave suite at Kelebek (pension not hotel - though they are next door to each other) and it was very romantic - including the spa and fireplace in out room. Staff were very friendly and the view from the terrace resturant/cafe was incredible. They also organise a range of activites and it is very well located in Goreme which itself is beautiful.

As l did not stay at the others l cant comment on them.

Hi from Australia. Always looking for somewhere interesting to go. Advice graciously excepted and given.

Post by Lauren » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:04 am

We spent 4 nights at Esbelli Evi in October. It was fantastic. My husband, son and I all agreed that it was the best of our entire 3 week trip. Suha drew us a map every day with best places to visit and spent a lot of time discussing our itinerary. The food was quite good as well. We had a suite in the lower part of the building with 2 bedrooms, an entry and bath. It was lovely. Even the bedding was wonderful. It was one of the few places we stayed with wireless internet.

I give Esbelli Evi along with the village of Urgup my highest recommendation!

Have a great trip.

Post by fletcher » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:29 am

For a honeymoon stay in Cappadocia,without any doubt Gamirasu is the best choice.

Post by steve » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Having stayed in Esbelli, Kelebek and Elif I think that Gamirasu is a bit isolated. You'll enjoy all four, but Elif Star is great value however, Esbelli is the original and best. (although I am typing this from the living room of the Esbelli - fantastic!)

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:51 pm

He ought to post his rates on the website, though.