Help! Have been researching cave hotels for 2 days!!

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

sukiyaki
How many stars? **: 0

Post by sukiyaki » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:49 pm

Hi,
İ know this post ıs late, but to whoever is interested İ am now in Cappadocıa and ı am staying in a lovely cave hotel not too far from Goreme ın Cavusın.
İt ıs away from the tourısty towns but not too far from the major sıghts ın Cappadocıa.It ıs call the Village Cave. The followıng ıs theır websıte. http://www.thevillagecave.com/
The rates ınclude a hearty turkısh breakfast and pıck up from the Goreme bus statıon, I am not sure whether they do pıck up fr the other nearby bus statıons but I,m sure it wıll not be too bıg a problem.
By the way, they have rooms that have a fabulous vıew of the Church of St. John!

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:50 pm

80USD a night? I like the sound of your budget! Mine was a quarter of that.

Leila

Cave hotel recommendation Cappadocia

Post by Leila » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:11 pm

I just spent a couple of days in Cappadocia (Feb. 2007) and stayed at a place called SATO CAVE HOTEL. I stayed in a cave room there, simple but nice and clean and very quiet. Had one of the best breakfasts in Turkey there. They serve it in the upstairs restaurant that has really great views of the strange landscapes of Cappadocia. It's just up behind the main street and close to the busstation. They have a website if you're interested: www.satocavehotel.com

winelady

Re: Help! Have been researching cave hotels for 2 days!!

Post by winelady » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm

I stayed at the Giramasu and the Kelebek with my kids and both were great experiences. For me the friendliness, the room and the food were slightly better at Giramasu. The staff was also kind enough to comp us a second room so that we didn't have to squeeze in together. Both experiences were terrific. If you can splurge on one or two hotel nights during your visit to Turkey, I'd advise you to do it in Cappadocia.
BRW
Richmond, VA USA
http://www.westhoven.net

emcentar

Re: Help! Have been researching cave hotels for 2 days!!

Post by emcentar » Tue May 12, 2009 12:28 am

I stayed in the Esbelli for 9 days and can't say enough nice things about it. I still miss it and want to go back.

One poster recommended the Village Cave in Cavusın. I haven't stayed there but I did explore the Church of St. John right nearby and it was one of my favorite things we did. And it is lovely to look at. It seemed like a very nice village.