Anyone stayed in the Local Cave House in Goreme?

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

rbrando

Anyone stayed in the Local Cave House in Goreme?

Post by rbrando » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Looks nice enough on the net. It is recommended by this site. BUT, I don't see any reviews online including Tripadvisor. I almost always stick with a hotel with a few positive reviews on Tripadvisor?? Anyone? Comments?

rbrando

Post by rbrando » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:51 am

Well, I am going to give them a try. I've made reservations and they didn't need a credit card, so I guess I can still cancel if anyone has horror stories. I tried to get in Kalebek, but they were full. Same for a few others higher up on Trip Advisor.

Well, maybe I can be the first to post on TripAdvisor for this hotel. We'll see how it goes. I'm depending entirely on Tom's recommendation on this one. *fingers crossed*

-Rob
Last edited by rbrando on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fletcher
How many stars? **: 0

Post by fletcher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 pm

A very good sample of cave hotels in Cappadocia.Original,quiet and clean cave rooms and very friendly staff.They also have a swimming pool!!!! :D

Although the internet dominates by Kelebek,i would definately prefer Local Cave.

rbrando

Post by rbrando » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:55 pm

fletcher wrote:A very good sample of cave hotels in Cappadocia.Original,quiet and clean cave rooms and very friendly staff.They also have a swimming pool!!!! :D
Although the internet dominates by Kelebek,i would definately prefer Local Cave.
Good, thanks for the vote of confidence! I like to think of myself as a bit of a wordsmith, so if the Local lives up to the review on TTP, I'll make sure to post a detailed review on Tripadvisor (with lots of candid pics), to entice other would-be cave dwellers their way. If anything, it could make other apprehensive tripadvisor junkies, who are considering blazing a trail, a little less leary.

-Rob

mardee1000

Post by mardee1000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:45 pm

I found one brief (and favorable) review at this forum. When will you be there? I am planning a trip for the first 2 weeks of May and will be in Goreme during the 2nd week.

rbrando

Post by rbrando » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:33 am

:D Well, I stayed there and the place was great. No complaints. Would stay there again.

=Rob

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:41 pm

Just had a really good meal at the Local Restaurant in Goreme!! We can thoroughly recommend their food!!
MPD

LuchoChile

Local cave house hotel

Post by LuchoChile » Tue May 08, 2007 2:43 am

rbrando wrote:Well, I am going to give them a try. I've made reservations and they didn't need a credit card, so I guess I can still cancel if anyone has horror stories. I tried to get in Kalebek, but they were full. Same for a few others higher up on Trip Advisor.

Well, maybe I can be the first to post on TripAdvisor for this hotel. We'll see how it goes. I'm depending entirely on Tom's recommendation on this one. *fingers crossed*

-Rob
Hey rbrando! Did you go to Local cave? I have to choose a hotel so I would like to know your opinion.
Thank you

mardee1000

Post by mardee1000 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:16 pm

I am here ın Cappadoccıa rıght now and just met the owner of the Local Cave Hotel when I ate at hıs restaurant "Local." He ıs extremely nıce and the hotel looks great - I wısh I was stayıng there (although I am enjoyıng my hotel). I don't thınk you can go wrong here. Sorry for the typıng - I can't fınd the dotted ı. :)

LuchoChile

Post by LuchoChile » Tue May 08, 2007 7:43 pm

mardee1000 wrote:I am here ın Cappadoccıa rıght now and just met the owner of the Local Cave Hotel when I ate at hıs restaurant "Local." He ıs extremely nıce and the hotel looks great - I wısh I was stayıng there (although I am enjoyıng my hotel). I don't thınk you can go wrong here. Sorry for the typıng - I can't fınd the dotted ı. :)
Thanks for your help! I still can't decide if its better to stay in Kelebek, Elif Star or Local Cave. What would you do?