Anyone stayed in the Local Cave House in Goreme?

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

steve
How many stars? **: 0

Post by steve » Tue May 08, 2007 9:30 pm

If you're there for more than two nights, why not do a couple of days in both!

LuchoChile

Post by LuchoChile » Wed May 09, 2007 2:19 am

steve wrote:If you're there for more than two nights, why not do a couple of days in both!
I'll be there only 2 nights...

mardee1000

Post by mardee1000 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 pm

I don't know what to tell you but I did run into a couple today from Australia that I had met on the bus from Ankara yesterday. They're staying at the Elif Star and said they are really enjoying it there - their room is in a cave.

I'm sure you'll be happy at any one of them. I know the Local has a swimming pool if that's important - I'm not sure about the other 2.

By the way, this are is so wonderful - I am loving every minute here. I went for a walk today to a small neighboring village named Çavuşini, and felt like I'd stepped back in time 100 years. The women and men there were dressed in very traditional clothes and some of them were traveling in decorated wooden carts led by horses or donkeys. The landscape is just incredible - almost breathtaking in places - yet the area is so peaceful.

LuchoChile

Post by LuchoChile » Thu May 10, 2007 12:44 am

[quote="mardee1000"]

Thanks a lot mardee1000

Eleni345

Local Cave Hotel

Post by Eleni345 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:49 pm

I wanted to add to the positive feedback about the Local Cave Hotel, having stayed there at the end of August 2007. In addition to being clean, comfortable and conveniently located, the manager, Haroun, is a very gracilous and charming host with a wealth of information. My only complaint ? - that I couldn't stay longer!