Cave Hotel question

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

travelbug

Cave Hotel question

Post by travelbug » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:19 pm

After days of reading about the various cave hotels and other options in the Goreme/Cappadocia area, I am still bewildered and have several questions.

1. Does anyone have a preference between the Kelebek Pension/Hotel and the Kismet Cave Hotel? Pros and cons of each?
2. We will be in the Cappadocia area between May 27-30th. Are we better off with a hotel that has a pool? How hot will it be that time of year?
3. How does the Local Cave House compare to the above hotels? I understand this one has a pool.
4. The other option is a more modern hotel. Any comments?

Thanks!

suppiluliuma
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Cave Hotel question

Post by suppiluliuma » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am

Hi!
You are coming to Cappadocia, but cogitating to spend your time by the pool? :shock: Come on, Cappadocia is one of the most authentic places in the world, definitely not a place for basking by the pool. It's a place where you got to gasp and sweat by hiking. :wink: May is a good time; not too hot, warm enough in the day time, a little cool after sun set. Landscape will be colorful under the bright blue sky. I can't recommend one or the other but I can recommend the cave hotel for accomodation. Because, once you visit an original place, you must experience all originalities of that place, as much as possible. You can get a very useful information about the cave hotels here from the past threads.
Enjoy your trip. :)
Come whoever you are...
just come as you are

travelbug

Post by travelbug » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks for the response. Believe me, we have no inclination to sit by a pool all day. We just wondered if it would be so hot that we would want one to jump into at the end of the day. We live in Florida and have plenty of opportunity for lying around in the sun and for swimming. What we don't have are hills or the fabulous topography and history that is in Cappadocia. We can't wait to explore.

Could you be more specific though in which cave hotels you think are nicest? Thanks so much!

suppiluliuma

Post by suppiluliuma » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Come whoever you are...
just come as you are

suppiluliuma

Post by suppiluliuma » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Here's another one:
http://www.yunak.com/
I've never stayed there, but it looks nice.
Come whoever you are...
just come as you are

travelbug

Post by travelbug » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Wow, the Yunek looks beautiful, but it also looks expensive. I couldn't find the price listed anywhere on line. Does anyone know the prices?

suppiluliuma

Post by suppiluliuma » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:34 pm

I've just googled :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... docia.html
http://www.istanbullife.org/Turkey-Hote ... evleri.htm

Looks expensive. I mean you can find also decent but cheaper alternatives.
Come whoever you are...
just come as you are