Kelebek Hotel

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

travelbug

Kelebek Hotel

Post by travelbug » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:15 am

We ended up staying in the Kelebek Hotel while in Goreme and absolutely loved it. We had a charming cave room with lots of ambiance. The hotel breakfasts were delicious - among the best we had in Turkey. The location was great and the people in the hotel very helpful. The guest/lounge area was very relaxing and conducive to its guests congregating and sharing travel tips. There was also free internet service which was nice to have. I highly recommend this hotel. - June

toups

Re: Kelebek Hotel

Post by toups » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 am

+1

I totally agree, Kelebek Hotel was the best place I stayed in Turkey. View is incredible, breakfast is awesome. I recommend it to everyone 100%.

meander

Re: Kelebek Hotel

Post by meander » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 pm

I loved the location of the Kelebek in Goreme but, I do not think that it is a great choice for anyone who may have difficulty with stairs as there are many stairs to climb depending on where your room is located. We were thrilled with the services of the hammam, tour guide and the arranging of the hot air balloon ride, not so thrilled with the evening dining experiences. We opted to have dinner in on the 2 nights we stayed at Kelebek and both dinners were only "barely edible" at best. The Kelebek is lovely and I would return but I would not choose to dine there in the evenings. It is sad because the terrace and dining areas are so lovely and inviting.....perhaps they should consider making changes in the kitchen staff. By the way, the breakfasts were awesome!