To stay at Goreme or Kayseri?

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

mayyang3

To stay at Goreme or Kayseri?

Post by mayyang3 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi

We plan to stay at Goreme for 3 days in Oct. and then take an early flight (6:30a.m.) at Kayseri back to Istanbul. Does anyone know if there is bus service from Goreme to Kayseri so early in the morning? Or, to avoid all the hassles, should we just get to Kayseri the day before? Can anyone give me suggestion which is better?

May

Cappadoxia

Re: To stay at Goreme or Kayseri?

Post by Cappadoxia » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Dear May,

First of all i want to say there is no airport service or shuttle bus from Göreme to Kayseri on the time of your flight. You may ask to your hotel if they have free airport transfer service to Kayseri. Some hotels serve it free for their customers in Cappadocia.

You have to depart from Göreme at least at 5:00am to reach to Kayseri airport for your flight. You may request private airport transfer from the local travel agencies. They can pick up you early in the morning and transfer to airport.

Getting to Kayseri the day before and stay there overnight is also possible but you will need to take a taxi to airport for your flight. Because of the location of the airport i think it will not cost too cheap. There's no hotel nearby the airport. Hotels are genarally located and city center and the airport is at the outside of the city.

I suggest you first ask to your hotel.

I hope this info is helpfull.

fletcher
How many stars? **: 0

Re: To stay at Goreme or Kayseri?

Post by fletcher » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Staying in Kayseri and paying taxi for Kayseri hotel to airport dont sound very handy&reasonable.I reckon it makes more sense to ask your goreme hotel to arrange a private shuttle at your flight morning for your transfer to Kayseri airport.