A peaceful cave hotel in Cappadocia

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

Rene

A peaceful cave hotel in Cappadocia

Post by Rene » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:59 am

I would like to share my experience staying at Aravan Evi Family Hotel. It is a small family run hotel located in Ayvali village, 20 minutes drive from the town of Urgup. It is actually well known for its restaurant, serving delicious home-cooked meal. Food are cooked using the 'tandur' method. Breakfast at the terrace and dinner in the turkish traditional room were simply wonderful. The restaurant was featured in Voyages and Conde Nast Traveller magazines respectively.

This beautiful, spotless and peaceful hotel is being managed by the charming Yusuf family. I enjoyed the cave room experience and their personalized service very much. They were very helpful and obliging. They helped us with almost everything, from our balloon ride reservation to finding a flight back to Istanbul. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet place to stay in after spending your afternoons in the hectic touristic towns of Cappadocia. It is worth checking them out at www.aravan.com