Urgup or Goreme Accommodation

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

Urgup or Goreme Accommodation

Post by DanandPat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 am

We are a family with 2 active boys (10 and 12) and are visiting Cappadocia mid July. I have spent days researching cave hotels and still can't make a decision! In Urgup we have the options of Urgup Evi or 4Oda (or Temenni-though more expensive and does not seem to have many reviews). In Goreme there is Kelebek which appeals for the swimming pool for the boys to cool off in but unfortunately they have no cave rooms left and only the ones in the stone house or Elif Star (but I'm worried this may be a little "too cheap"). Personally we love atmospheric places rather than large hotels and love small little villages. Please any advise would be wonderful.

How many stars? **: 0

Re: Urgup or Goreme Accommodation

Post by steve » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Esbelli is the one you want in Urgup. I'm not aware of the Kelebek having its own pool though - they may be borrowing the Flintstone's pool or Ottoman. Either way you can do this wherever you stay. Kelebek is good and the stone houses are far better than the caves and have areas carved into the rock anyway e.g. the bathroom in 'Hayloft'.

Elif Star is great for kids and a quality place for the price, it isn't however anywhere near as good as it used to be since the female half of the owners returned to the UK.