Urchisar Accommoddation

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

DanandPat

Urchisar Accommoddation

Post by DanandPat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:27 am

Just when I thought I was close to deciding where to stay I discover several other hotels in Urchisar. These are Kale Konak, Asmali Cave, Tas Konaklar and Argos(though this last one may be out of our budget). I can only find a review on Kale Konak and none of the others. Does anyone know of these hotels? Any thoughts on whether to stay in Urchisar or Urgup (was thinking or Urgup Evi or 4Oda).

kstory

Re: Urchisar Accommoddation

Post by kstory » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 pm

My reply is probably too late for you, but others may find it helpful.

Uchisar in mid-October is practically a ghost town. There is almost nowhere to eat except your hotel. We stayed at Kilim Pansion, and I had mixed feelings. The owner, Sisik, is a sweetheart who speaks fluent English and French. He is a great cook and serves a fabulous 4 course meal each evening. However, the meal was a bit pricey for us (16 lira), it isn't served until 7:30 or 8, and it's huge, so you end up sleeping on a full stomache. I woke up the next morning with terrible stomach distress.

The salon area isn't conducive to meeting other travelers - it's only really available in the evenings. There was only lukewarm water for showers.

Now that I have seen Goreme, Uchisar, and Urgup, I would choose to say in Urgup. Goreme seemed very artifical to me. Urgup feels like a real Turkish town, and there is a large choice of restaurants and other things to see and do as you stroll around.