Lirita Tours - avoid!

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

starmama

Lirita Tours - avoid!

Post by starmama » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 pm

I booked a room at Esbelli Evi using Lirita Tours online, as well as a hot air balloon ride. First, the room available on their website was not actually available, so I changed to the more expensive room. After changing some plans, I decided to cancel the booking. I had paid a 50% deposit, and their policy was a full refund within 60 days. I canceled the bookings at about 90 days out. That was 8 weeks ago. First, I canceled the bookings on their website but didn't hear anything from them at all, so I emailed them. Then they said they would get me the refund, but they were having bank problems. I offered to take the refund via PayPal instead, but they refused because the transfer might eventually go through. They refused to give me a time frame at all, refused to give me any more information on what is happening with the refund, and do not respond to my emails. When I tried to call, the woman who answered did not speak enough English to tell me she did not speak English. That wouldn't bother me if she didn't work in a travel agency! Someone there should be able to communicate with me. I would stay away. :x

starmama

Re: Lirita Tours - avoid!

Post by starmama » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 am

Well, I decided to have my credit card dispute the transaction, which they did. About 4 weeks after that, I did finally receive the refund from Lirita. I don't know if it just took that long for the bank to do the refund, but 12 weeks seems ridiculous! My guess is that the credit card company disputing the transaction made them finally give me the refund. Either way, the fact that Zafer refused to refund my money by a different method, refused to give me an idea of when my money would be returned to me, and stopped returning my emails altogether is reason enough to avoid this company.
Since then, Zafer has HOUNDED me about my initial review, emailing me sometimes daily and accusing me of lying. I have repeatedly told him to stop emailing me, but he continues to harass me.
So to reiterate, stay away from Lirita Tours and from www.cappadocia.travel online.

starmama

Re: Lirita Tours - avoid!

Post by starmama » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:52 am

Ok this is getting crazy. Lirita Tours has now tried to charge my credit card, twice, for a total of over $700. These are purely fraudulent charges! STAY AWAY!!! :x :x :x