Hotel Castle Inn in Ortahisar, Cappadocia

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

turkeytom
Site Admin
How many stars? **: 0

Hotel Castle Inn in Ortahisar, Cappadocia

Post by turkeytom » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:16 am

Here's a hotel review from Dunja Huber of Germany:

"I stayed at Castle Inn in Ortahisar in November 2013 for five wonderful days. Ortahisar has still only a few tourists and kept its original face, but is not far away from (bit overcrowded) Göreme, nested in this unique landscape, with a lot of beautiful valleys in hiking distance, easy to reach. The Hotel Castle Inn is very special, beautiful and lovely decorated by the owner, each of the five rooms is different and the owner - who is unbelievable friendly - cares a lot about his guests' wellbeing. Even the Budget Room is a great experience, and no worries, even when it can get really cold in winter outside, the room is equiped with very good electric heaters and a hot shower, and impresses with descreet comfort (flat screen tv, tablet, Mini-Bar, …). Suat, der owner, and his hotel manager, too, have always been happy to help me and even though I was travelling by myself as a woman, I had not to worry – everything was perfectly organized, e.g. the transfer from the airport to the hotel, or from Ortahisar to the main bus station in Nevsehir. I was impressed!

"The hotel is located very central in Ortahisar, from the nice roof-deck you can see the mosque and the very near Rock-Castle. For dinner or lunch there are not so many places, especially after sunset, but I can really recommend the Restaurant Tandir. Nightlife is more or less not available in Ortahisar, but Göreme is just a short taxi drive away.

"One thing I want to mention: the best way for me to discover and enjoy this fairytale landscape is on horseback – ask for Cemal Ranch, it's not far away and there horses are nice.

"On my last day I could stay in the Deluxe Cave Room, which was unbelievable. You will feel like Ali Baba's Princess - by far the most beautiful room I've ever stayed in and worth the little bit of extra money.

"Finally I just want to say, when you stay at Castle Inn, you surely stay with friends."

JanineRushton
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Hotel Castle Inn in Ortahisar, Cappadocia

Post by JanineRushton » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 pm

I stayed at the Castle Inn, September 9 - 13, 2013. I was travelling as a single women and always felt safe every second of my trip. Once your arrive at Castle Inn you realize your not just a customer but a guest of Suat. I decided to drive myself from Ankara to Ortahisar which was an amazing experience,stopping off at Salt Lake, the whole trip took me 5 hours including a stop for lunch. Arriving in this beautiful town you immediatly become part of this community. Suat helped in every aspect of my week in Ortahisar, tours and restaurants (Tandor a must with their stuff pumpkin flowers). I enjoyed sitting out on the terrace one evening listening to the sounds of a family laughing next store while enjoying dinner. The hotel is one of the most comfortable I have ever been in. My room was #44 with a bed that actually made you feel like you were at home and not at a hotel. The one night I required the heat, the room heated up very quickly and then I turned it off and snugged up into my beautiful comfy bed. I would wake at 6:30 am to have tea in my room from the mini bar and kettle and sit back, open the drapes to the window and watch the balloon fly by. I would then go down stairs to the Castle Inn breakfast, I could not get enough of the fresh breads, cheeses and of course the honeycomb honey, wow never tasted organic honey like that before. Truly is a MUST stay for anyone that wants a relaxing place to stay and a good night sleep after touring around Cappadocia. I will definitely be back in 2015.

madtraveler

Post by madtraveler » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 pm

My wife and I just stayed here. Loved it. This was my third time to Cappadocia and while so much has changed over the years, Ortahisar feels more like things used to be, with a hotel tucked in among the locals instead of set up in a row with the others. The castle theme is fun, the rooms are nice, and with only 5 rooms in the hotel, attention to guests is quite good. We enjoyed chatting with one of the owners, Suat. The rooftop terrace is nice, offering a view of a little valley. While we didn't take advantage of it, two other guests borrowed the hotel's grill, bought food at the local market, and had a cookout. Smelled good. Maybe next time! As an avid hiker I especially liked this place. I could walk to Goreme's Rose Valley, and just below the hill we were on there was a very untrodden trail heading to the next town. If we wanted to go to the other towns, it was a simple matter to take a dolmus either from the town square just around the corner or walk out to the highway to snag one to Uchisar. I love how quiet the neighborhood and the hotel are. The rooms have decent heaters to keep back the chill common in some of these places. I just wish I had had more time to spend here just relaxing. Really nice!

jaszminedeezee

Post by jaszminedeezee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:28 pm

We really really enjoy our stay.

Each and everyone make us feel safe and very welcome, more like a home.

We are female travellers and the hotel owner cum host, Suat, makes us feel like we are 2 little sisters of his.

Our room is the cave room and it was very spacious and tastefully decorated to match the 'castle' theme.
Tea and coffee are in house,complimentary throughout your stay.The breakfast is a spread of scrumptious turkish breakfast which we would always look forward to every morning.

We are truly pampered by the hospitality of the operations manager, Ahmet. He goes above and beyond to help our needs.

There is one point where I catch a cold and having runny nose most of the time, ahmet , himself drive to the nearby pharmacy and insist to buy sore throat med, though I always mention that I am ok(but not).And he refuse to accept a single cent from me.

We love the environment there, chit chatting in the evening with everyone and enjoy our tea.I think this is the best service and hospitality I have ever experience.

Thank you Suat & Ahmet. You guys are awesome.