Goreme Ottoman House

Comments on lodgings in Göreme, Ürgüp, Uçhisar, Nevsehir and other towns in Cappadocia

Moderator: sinan

Goreme Ottoman House

Post by Cooltraveller » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:13 pm

I am planning a trip to Cappadocia and i think Goreme is nice town for exploring the area. I wonder if you recommend Ottoman House Hotel in Goreme.
Their homepage looks great: http://www.ottomanhouse.com.tr

Thank you

How many stars? **: 0

Post by sinan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:43 am

Hi Cooltraveller

The hotel is little bit out of town BUT their service and hotel is Good. Goreme is good choose for Cappadocia because center of everything.

Have fun in Turkey

Post by Cooltraveller » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:39 am

Thanks for your adwise, I reserved a room from Ottoman House. They say they are located in the town center of Goreme, just 300 mt to the bus station.

Thanks again

Site Admin

Ottoman House

Post by turkeytom » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:18 pm

My friend Sinan may have been thinking of the Museum Hotel, run by the same people as the Ottoman House. The Museum Hotel is indeed a distance from the center of town; the Ottoman House is only a few minutes' stroll from the center. As Sinan says, it's a good place to stay.

Tom Brosnahan

Post by SusanInToronto » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:58 pm

How does the Ottoman House compare with the Kelebek? Price seems comparable to the pension. Both sound like they are suitable for us, so I probably wouldn't mind either one.
Susan B

Post by Cooltraveller » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:35 am

Hi again, I just came from Turkey , beautifull country and nice people. I found Goreme very fantastic and unforgetable. Stayed at Ottoman House and it was great accommodation, food and friendly staffs. Located in the town center and nice view. The owner is not same of Museum hotel for 2 years. Found them so nice and helpfull. So I highly recommend
Have a cool holiday in Turkey!

Post by deep » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:10 pm

My sister and I stayed at Ottoman House during the last week of August 2005. The staff are very friendly, informative and always available to assist. The hotel is lovely. Comfy rooms, very spacious, and very clean. The breakfast on the terrace is a great, yummy spread, and you have an excellent view of the fairy chimneys and surrounds. The staff assisted with information about the bus timetable and even made calls to the Ankara train station for us. Definitely the best hotel in Goreme! Just 40$ for a double, value for money, indeed.

Post by thekuman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:49 pm

has anyone tried Goreme House's Drive and Fly deal? it's 235 euros for 2 nights stay, 2 days car rental and a hot air balloon ride. if so, how does the hot air balloon ride compare with other companies? thanks.

Post by fletcher » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:49 am

Sounds a bit strange.They might use cheap operators to decrease the price.Needs to be discussed carefully.