Accommodations near Sardis (Sahili?)

Comments on lodgings in other Turkish cities and towns

Moderator: sinan

Marnacious

Accommodations near Sardis (Sahili?)

Post by Marnacious » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:22 pm

Hi-
I am traveling to Turkey this Saturday and plan to visit Sardis on 6/24...where should we (3 adults and 1 infant) spend the night? I notice that Tom recommends Sahili, but there aren't any links to places to stay on the site. We'll be coming from Izmir by car at around noon and then plan to visit Hierapolis on 6/25. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Marnie

sinan
How many stars? **: 0

Post by sinan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:39 pm

You can start your trip in Izmir then drive to SARDIS visit then continue to drive to Denizli or Pamukkale.

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdeniz

Jeff Atchley

Post by Jeff Atchley » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:18 am

Hi,

We were just in Sardis a couple weeks ago. We did not stay near there, so I can't help with accommodations, but I wanted to post to recommend that you be sure to also visit the nearby site of the Temple of Artemis, which is just a few hundred meters back down the road towards the main highway on the opposite side of the road. Very much worth an extra 30 minute visit.

Also, since you appear to be going from Sardis to Pamukkale the next day to see Hierapolis, I would also strongly recommend that you consider going to Aphrodisias as well. Aphrodisias, which is about 2 hours southwest of Hierapolis, is in my opinion one of the best Hellenistic sites in western Turkey. My daughter (an archaeology major) liked it better than Ephesus. The museum there has some beautiful statuary and relief works excavated from the site. Aphrodisias was the location, at one time, of one of the most renowned schools of sculpture and art in the Hellenistic world. One of the better museums we have seen! Wherever you decide to go, have a great trip! Feel free to e-mail me if I can help in any way.

Jeff

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:41 am

I stayed in the Berrak Hotel in Salihli the other night, because I arrived at Sardis at nightfall. It's an adequate, clean business hotel with good service (breakfast included but no restaurant - minibar has peanuts and beer at reasonable prices) - fine if you're caught out like I was, 60YTL for a single room.

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 am

After my night in Salihli I visited Sardis and Bin Tepe.
Last edited by David Morgan on Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Morgan

Re: Accommodations near Sardis (Sahili?)

Post by David Morgan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:54 pm

There's a new hotel at Salihli - the Lidya Sardes.

David Morgan

Re: Accommodations near Sardis (Sahili?)

Post by David Morgan » Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I see the Berrak Otel in Salihli now has a website.