Overnight stop in Beysehir

Comments on lodgings in other Turkish cities and towns

Moderator: sinan

margaretp
How many stars? **: 0

Overnight stop in Beysehir

Post by margaretp » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:16 pm

Anyone got any ideas for our trip in April. On our way back from Goreme to Fethiye we wanted to detour and see Aspendos. I know it is quite a long way from the direct route, but hate coming back the same way we went!! (outwards is a night at Egirdir and a night in Konya). Thought that the leg between Goreme and Aspendos was a bit long for a single day, so decided to do it in two legs.

Beysehir looks interesting, so, has anyone any recommendations for good value clean but simple hotel/pension accommodation. We can easily see Aspendos in the morning and it looks like only an hour or so from Antalya? from where we are only about 3 - 31/2 hours home.

Grateful for ideas for 'must sees' along our route. Already have Sagalassos and Antioch booked in, will we be passing any good hans? Ah yes, that reminds me, thought that you may like this web site on that subject : http://www.turkishhan.org (courtesy of fethiye times.com).

We intend to spend three nights in Goreme, probably at the Kelebek, this seems to tick most of our boxes!

Busy scouring this site for your reports on Egirdir and Konya, what did we all do before TTP!!!

Looking forward to your suggestions and thanking you in advance.
MPD

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Thu May 03, 2007 12:37 pm

Did you find a hotel here? It should be a good stop-over town (Nevşehir 310km, Antalya 294km).

millie64

Hotel in Beysehir any one go yet?

Post by millie64 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:42 pm

I am also traveling between Cappadocia and Antalya and thought we'd stop here. The rough guide and footprints recommend Beyaz Park Motel & Restaurant. Has anyone stayed there?

ptemiz

Han en route to Sargalassos

Post by ptemiz » Thu May 17, 2007 1:16 pm

Margaret

If you are driving from Fethiye to Sargalassos you should stop at Suzsuz Han which is just before a town called Bucak. It's a right turn off the main road when going north, is signed and is just standing there on the edge of Suzsuz village in remarkable condition - look it up on the turkish hans site. No entry fee as it is totally abandoned but still an amazing stucture in great condition given it was built mid 13th century.

Also, as one of the Fethiye Times team I want to thank you for always giving the site credit. Lots of people don't bother.

Pat Temiz

Jeanne

Post by Jeanne » Thu May 17, 2007 2:28 pm

Dear Pat,
I am very curious about your post Suzsuz Han, I am trying to find a website but just lots of Chinese characters.
Do you have the website?
Thank you!

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan » Thu May 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Different spellings, my map says Suzus.
Here's a website...
http://www.turkishhan.org/susuz.htm
Looks good on Google earth too: 37.378430°N, 30.540211°E.

Jeanne

Post by Jeanne » Thu May 17, 2007 5:38 pm

Thank you very much David, this is stunning! I have passed Bucak several times and did not know this was there!

ptemiz

Susuz Han

Post by ptemiz » Thu May 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Sorry everyone the spelling is Susuz (means 'without water' in Turkish) and I made a typing error. It is little visited and a spectacular han. There is another one Incirli or Incir Han not far away but that one is a distance from the main road and not well-signed like Susuz.

Pat Temiz

millie64

Beyaz Park

Post by millie64 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:57 am

I'm new to this forum so not sure how this works but was wondering if anyone has been to Beysehir and stayed in this hotel?

ptemiz

Beysehir

Post by ptemiz » Fri May 18, 2007 8:05 am

Hi Millie

Sorry we all got carried away talking about hans and overlooked your original query that inspired it all. Unfortunately, despite having visited Beysehir several times I haven't stayed overnight there and don;t know your hotel. Perhaps someone who does will respond.

Pat