Unhappy with Ali's Pension in Egirdir

Comments on lodgings in other Turkish cities and towns

Moderator: sinan

kstory

Unhappy with Ali's Pension in Egirdir

Post by kstory » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Ali's Pension (http://www.alispension.com/) in Egirdir was a disappointment. It was overpriced: 60 lira a night with breakfast. We paid less than this for much nicer pensions in much nicer places (Kas, Selcuk, Uchisar). The room was cold and sterile (bare floors and walls). The beds were hard and lumpy. There was no hot water or heat. The small breakfast included shriveled cucumber, tomato, and grapes, and an unripe plum. Birsen does speak good English, but she did not seem like a very warm person, and the mood around the house was gloomy.

We were there in mid-October, and Egirdir was pretty dead. Glad we only stayed one brief night.

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Unhappy with Ali's Pension in Egirdir

Post by David Morgan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:51 am

That's a pity. I see it had mixed reviews before: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1194
I've now stayed at Choo Choo's Pension a couple of times, but both times had a problem with the hot water! But they've got that convenient restaurant on the lake. (Although I've come across some bad reviews on the net for the pension).

So, where's the ideal place at Egirdir to stay - that's with ensuite bathroom please. Seems like the Lale has only common bathrooms, but rated highly. Maybe the Gol (next door to Choo Choo's) is the place to stay (both that and Ali's had no rooms available when I arrived there in '06).

Here's a video in which I mention the pension...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzOESandu-I

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Unhappy with Ali's Pension in Egirdir

Post by David Morgan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Last month I stayed at Choo Choo's Pension for the third time. Huseyin has really brought it up to scratch now and the hot water works! Very nice breakfast on the lake edge terrace. I can definitely recommend it now.