Bodrum to Afyonkarahisar

Comments on lodgings in other Turkish cities and towns

Moderator: sinan

sally

Bodrum to Afyonkarahisar

Post by sally » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:13 pm

At the beginning of May I shall be driving from Bodrum to Afyonkarahisar to spend a few days in the Phrygian valleys.

1. Can anyone recommend an overnight stopping off point as it is a 7 hour journey?

2. Somewhere to stay in the valleys. I have read on the net of a French company that stays at Misafir hane at Basirlar which they explain as a house welcoming travellers. Does anyone know what this might be?

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Re: Bodrum to Afyonkarahisar

Post by David Morgan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:09 pm

1. I suppose Pamukkale is about half way.
2. Sorry, no idea. If you find a place around there, I'd be interested. I've been vaguely looking for somewhere to stay between Afyon and Kütahya for a visit to some more Phrygian sites. I did like Afyon, though, last time I was there.

sally

Post by sally » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:07 pm

I emailed the French company hoping to extract more information about staying in villages from them. They said that in any of the Phrygian villages if we asked for Muktar, accommodation would be found for us. Turkish hospitality! We'll give it a try.

David Morgan
How many stars? **: 0

Post by David Morgan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:22 pm

I admire your adventurousness, Sally. My problem is that I travel solo and I'd feel a little uncomfortable not being able to converse with my hosts in such places.

I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.